Kessil is pretty amazing.

larcat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not going to go into a bunch of gory details, but in the midst of all of this Covid insanity, I had a perfect -- and very human -- customer service experience with Brendan at Kessil. Just through it worth posting up here to let the team know it's appreciated. Really above and beyond.

FWIW -- We're a Kessil heavy household. 2 360WEs on our FW tank, 3 360WE tunas on our reef tank, partner has a 160 on one of her paludariums and and A80 non the other. Kessil folks had no idea we've got a boat load of their product when they helped out.

Anyways, trying to give a shout out in an unfortunate time.

Keep on keeping on, Kessil/Brendan!

-L

jviv1014

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not going to go into a bunch of gory details, but in the midst of all of this Covid insanity, I had a perfect -- and very human -- customer service experience with Brendan at Kessil. Just through it worth posting up here to let the team know it's appreciated. Really above and beyond.

FWIW -- We're a Kessil heavy household. 2 360WEs on our FW tank, 3 360WE tunas on our reef tank, partner has a 160 on one of her paludariums and and A80 non the other. Kessil folks had no idea we've got a boat load of their product when they helped out.

Anyways, trying to give a shout out in an unfortunate time.

Keep on keeping on, Kessil/Brendan!

-L
I had my 110 gallon tank’s back glass panel explode due to some faulty silicone, and I made the awful mistake of storing my 3 360x’s underneath the tank. I had no rock or livestock in the tank just water. The lights didn’t work after I put them in rice and I called kessil and after I sent them the lights they sent me brand new ones in a week. Costumer service is probably one of the best in this hobby!

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've contacted them about 2 days ago about a broken screw that holds the a360 mounting arm to the glass. Also seem to have misplaced the 2 for the other arm. I'm willing to pay for them and any shipping costs but they're going to send them out free of charge. Awesome service!

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they are very responsive. I bought a pair of the mounting arms. On top of each is a little set screw. On one the hole was twice the size it should be. The shipped out a whole new package within a day.

Twins Dragonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with how responsive they are. I emailed kessil how to upgrade software my AP700 since it was never been upgraded. Not expecting to get respond for few days or weeks, however an hour later got the email back step-by-steps to get to v3.2 then v4.3. I was like wow.

gioNVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their customer service is one of the best in the industry. I emailed them about purchasing some parts for my Kessil mounts. My fault since I must have thrown them out. I received the parts for free and received them within a few days.

d3vhound

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, this is why I include the quality of customer service in the pricing of their lights. People seem to forget about Murphy's law.

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Kessils customer service has won me over as a customer for life!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had to deal with their CS but good to hear. I have shared this story before tho:

Once upon a time (~3 yrs ago) my 360 Tuna decided to jump in the pool (refugium) to play with the chaeto. To my good fortune, it waited until after the photoperiod.

I took it out the next day, disassembled, and rinsed thoroughly with RODI. Left it to dry, put it back together and plugged it in. Still running. But don't try that at home.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back