Kessil light question

Meeggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, any help would be appreciated. I recently bought a Kessil to Neptune Apex control cable. I want to use it to automate my lights but when I plug it in the light turns off and stays off and I can’t get it to turn on no matter what. Is the cable supposed to be plugged into output or input on the light? Maybe I’m not programming correctly in the apex program?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My controller is in the input connector, sounds like the issue is at the Neptune end?

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10v Input. Which Kessil light do you have? Not all are compatible. Here is a good BRS video for setting them up.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the a160we light
That one can be controlled by the Apex with the cable. It's the newer ones (360x) that are not supported, at least at the moment.

Hope the video helped you but here are a few pictures of mine. You need to set the outlets and profiles. I have 3 outlets (Power, Color, Intensity) and the number of profiles you want for ramp up/down. I had a lot initially but cut them to 3 for Color and 3 for Intensity.

Apex_Outlet_PWR.PNG Apex_Outlet_CLR.PNG Apex_Outlet_INT.PNG Apex_Profile_CLR.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Meeggles

Meeggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem was I was plugging the cable into the Ethernet port . Now I have to buy the Neptune apex VDM LED & pumps control module. Oh well 1 step closer to getting it done

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you figure out the issue. Which Apex do you have? I have an old classic which includes 0-10v and didn't need the VDM. I believe the jr and el don't include the 0-10v ports.

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes thank you this looks exactly like what I need. I’m about to try it out
This was also helpful to me. I have 2 a160we coming soon and discovered that I only have an ethernet (which I mistook for 10v at first) I found it funny that I went through the same series of problems/solutions. How did the kessil via apex control light system work for you?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one can be controlled by the Apex with the cable. It's the newer ones (360x) that are not supported, at least at the moment.

You don't need a cable for the a360x. Wifi dongle is all that is necessary to get Apex support (verify Apex head unit model as I don't remember which ones all support). Kessil uses the iota layer to integrate and it is a huge quality of life improvement.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back