Kessil lights not staying paired

Stixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Kessil ap700 that for the likes of me can not get them to stay paired up together. Some days I’ll come home and there not even on. Can anyone help me out on this it is marketing me nuts. Thanks in advance. They don’t even want to run the program that is selected they have a mind of there own. Lol

OP
OP
S

Stixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crabs helped me yesterday with a lighting schedule and I tried to program it to work got it all set hit save and then nothing. Been struggling with these lights.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs helped me yesterday with a lighting schedule and I tried to program it to work got it all set hit save and then nothing. Been struggling with these lights.
unfortunately I won't be much help here as I've only ever owned one unit at a time. When you connected to them did you do it via router of direct connect to light?

OP
OP
S

Stixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it direct connect. I’m almost thinking to just buy the controller they make so it may work better that way. Great lights just not user friendly lol

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it direct connect. I’m almost thinking to just buy the controller they make so it may work better that way. Great lights just not user friendly lol
Sadly the controller they make is not compatible with the ap700s :( only way to control them is the wifi app. Here's what I would do. Disconnect both lights and reconnect them via your homes wifi router. Make sure that the lamps are grouped together and not listed individually in your kessil app. Should look something like this:
392x696bb.jpg
if you have two groups with one light in each group then the lights are not actually paired up. Also just for kicks and giggles, double check your firmware and make sure both lights are updated to version 3.4. You can do this by pressing the little i on the far right side. If they're not you'll have to connect them to a computer and update them to the latest firmware version. And also check that your kessil app is at the latest version. You can do this by pressing the three horizontal bars in the upper left hand corner and near the bottom of the menu that pops up it should say app version. The most current is 3.7 with 3.8 to be released in a few weeks I do believe. Keep me posted and I hope this helps!!

OP
OP
S

Stixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may be the problem on my I pad there not grouped together. Listed separate. I will uninstall and try again.

OP
OP
S

Stixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My I pad says v3.1 is all that is available. That’s odd. Tomorrow I’ll try it on my iPhone 6s and see if it is better.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My I pad says v3.1 is all that is available. That’s odd. Tomorrow I’ll try it on my iPhone 6s and see if it is better.
I should have clarified, I'm on android so you may have the current version for apple.

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the only part of Kessil I can't stand. Mine only stay paired if I direct connect. It's a pain if you need to use the app. I have 360's that are managed through apex, same thing happens but I don't have to go through the wifi thing.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back