kessil spectral controller help?

vallejolasercreation

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
vallejo
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello ladies and gents, I'm new to the reefing hobby, been into planted freshwater aquariums for the last 30 years.

Today I purchased a NEW old stock kessil spectral controller..not the new spectral x having said that the reason I got it was because I have a a360we and just rant a ramp timer.

My issue is that I can't set the date and time. The controller just keeps scrolling through whatever date and time it wants. There isn't a demo mode in the settings. Is there a way to factory reset this controller? Does anyone still have the old firmware updater with the last firmware this controller had available? I'm thinking maybe just reflashing the firmware might help.
 
Reach out to Kessil, they will send you a firmware update. You'll have to revert back to an older one, the update with the latest update. I had the same issue with my old one that I hadn't used in a while. So shoot them an email and they'll get you sorted.
 
Reaching out to Kessil was the first thing I did. They did send me firmware flashers and firmware for 1.02 and 1.04, just re-flashing 1.04 fixed the issue
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new