Kessil wall mount using A-series arm

  • Thread starter Thread starter drtechno
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

drtechno

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2020
Messages
458
Reaction score
732
Location
boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all

I was recently looking for this info and couldn’t find it, so let me just post this up in case someone has the same questions as me in the future.

I needed to mount my Kessil H160 over my sump refugium, but could not mount it to the side of my sump (rimmed). And I didn’t want to hang it from the ceiling. Anyway, I was looking at mounting options and was curious if any of the stock Kessil mounts could be wall mounted. Well, it turns out they can.

If you buy the A series mounting arm, you can just screw the bracket directly to the wall instead of the enclosed U channel that is used to hold onto the glass. (See attached pic). I’m not sure if this was obvious to some but it wasn’t obvious to me.

turns out to work perfectly.

cheers!
BFF810A6-483E-4E06-B75B-A3A5945F230C.jpeg
DFAB8951-BCC3-449F-BB30-D9F09C6BFA4E.jpeg
 
Hey all

I was recently looking for this info and couldn’t find it, so let me just post this up in case someone has the same questions as me in the future.

I needed to mount my Kessil H160 over my sump refugium, but could not mount it to the side of my sump (rimmed). And I didn’t want to hang it from the ceiling. Anyway, I was looking at mounting options and was curious if any of the stock Kessil mounts could be wall mounted. Well, it turns out they can.

If you buy the A series mounting arm, you can just screw the bracket directly to the wall instead of the enclosed U channel that is used to hold onto the glass. (See attached pic). I’m not sure if this was obvious to some but it wasn’t obvious to me.

turns out to work perfectly.

cheers!
BFF810A6-483E-4E06-B75B-A3A5945F230C.jpeg
DFAB8951-BCC3-449F-BB30-D9F09C6BFA4E.jpeg
Great info.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new