Kessil wall mount using A-series arm

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all

I was recently looking for this info and couldn’t find it, so let me just post this up in case someone has the same questions as me in the future.

I needed to mount my Kessil H160 over my sump refugium, but could not mount it to the side of my sump (rimmed). And I didn’t want to hang it from the ceiling. Anyway, I was looking at mounting options and was curious if any of the stock Kessil mounts could be wall mounted. Well, it turns out they can.

If you buy the A series mounting arm, you can just screw the bracket directly to the wall instead of the enclosed U channel that is used to hold onto the glass. (See attached pic). I’m not sure if this was obvious to some but it wasn’t obvious to me.

turns out to work perfectly.

cheers!
BFF810A6-483E-4E06-B75B-A3A5945F230C.jpeg
DFAB8951-BCC3-449F-BB30-D9F09C6BFA4E.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all

I was recently looking for this info and couldn’t find it, so let me just post this up in case someone has the same questions as me in the future.

I needed to mount my Kessil H160 over my sump refugium, but could not mount it to the side of my sump (rimmed). And I didn’t want to hang it from the ceiling. Anyway, I was looking at mounting options and was curious if any of the stock Kessil mounts could be wall mounted. Well, it turns out they can.

If you buy the A series mounting arm, you can just screw the bracket directly to the wall instead of the enclosed U channel that is used to hold onto the glass. (See attached pic). I’m not sure if this was obvious to some but it wasn’t obvious to me.

turns out to work perfectly.

cheers!
BFF810A6-483E-4E06-B75B-A3A5945F230C.jpeg
DFAB8951-BCC3-449F-BB30-D9F09C6BFA4E.jpeg
Great info.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 7.7%

Back