Kessil WiFi Dongle Connection

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Kessil , is the dongle you sell in the USA also working in Europe? Thank you
The WiFi Dongle is available in Europe at this time so we recommend reaching out to your local store to see if they have it in stock! This will be slightly different than the one sold in the US due to differing WiFi standards.

Salina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having issues to connect the EU dongle to my router, the RED Led turns green after connecting to my Local network, but turns RED again after a few seconds and connection fails. LED alternates then from red to green. I was able to update the dongle to the latest firmware by connecting directly with my iPhone. I also tried all suggested steps in this threat and tried to use an Android phone, no luck. Is there any hint for router settings? Frustrating...

Salina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Kessil support found the issue and will fix with the next firmware update. Issue is related to special characters in the Wifi passwort.

elis1956

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WiFi Dongle is available in Europe at this time so we recommend reaching out to your local store to see if they have it in stock! This will be slightly different than the one sold in the US due to differing WiFi standards.
How are you friend
I have a problem if ap9x I have an iPhone 11 I installed the app I connected to WIFI I made a program, when I check the program everything works fine but when it comes to the end and goes back to the beginning it turns off and then turns on what it is why it happens I would be happy to help Thank you

Salina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kessil any updates on a new firmware for the dongle? Patiently waiting, to not change all my devices passwords... thank you!

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kessil any updates on a new firmware for the dongle? Patiently waiting, to not change all my devices passwords... thank you!
Hey there - the team is working on this and a few other bug fixes as well and will push them all in one firmware update. It should be soon, but there's no set ETA at this time.

Trueblue17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya i was thinking the same ,soo fustrating , cant get it connected on my network , and connecting direct it keeps disconnecting if i leave the living room with my phone , the range sucks. also not sure if its just my small phone but because the intensity and color are split like that i try to turn up the color and it switches and the intensity fires right up , ive freaked out my fish a few times now when trying to adjust color in evening and it switches and the intensity comes on full. I dont know why they dont just make the color and intensity dials the same as the UV red and green sliders.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya i was thinking the same ,soo fustrating , cant get it connected on my network , and connecting direct it keeps disconnecting if i leave the living room with my phone , the range sucks. also not sure if its just my small phone but because the intensity and color are split like that i try to turn up the color and it switches and the intensity fires right up , ive freaked out my fish a few times now when trying to adjust color in evening and it switches and the intensity comes on full. I dont know why they dont just make the color and intensity dials the same as the UV red and green sliders.
Sorry to hear that the WiFi dongle isn't living up to your expectations. Feel free to reach out to us if you haven't already - on occasion there's certain network settings that need adjusting to get it to connect to all wireless routers. You can either email us or call us - we're here to help.

QTI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tried setting up two A360X with a dongle. It was really painful although I managed to get it done in the end.

You cannot believe it: the SSID printed on the stickers with the QR Code is WRONG. There’s one typo and so by scanning the QR code my iPhone cannot connect to the dongle. So you have to check the name of the actual network for the dongle, and then use the reverse of which as the password. Took me a long time to notice this.

But then it couldn’t find the 2.4GHz network of my Netgear ORBI router. After some Googling I fixed this by changing the setting of my ORBI router to NOT broadcast the 5GHz SSID. Only then the dongle was able to find the 2.4G network.

The lights are really beautiful though, especially the shimmers. I have a deep tank (almost 48 inches) and am coming from Radeon 4G to the A360X with the narrow reflectors. Hope to be able to get good results - fingers crossed!

QTI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update:

after the successful connection and the app prompting me to update the firmware of the dongle, it refuses to see the 2.4GHz network again. Resetting the dongle and deleting the app / restarting the phone to do everything again doesn’t work either.

Would appreciate Kessil’s assistance in this regard.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update:

after the successful connection and the app prompting me to update the firmware of the dongle, it refuses to see the 2.4GHz network again. Resetting the dongle and deleting the app / restarting the phone to do everything again doesn’t work either.

Would appreciate Kessil’s assistance in this regard.
Give us a call when you're in front of the lights and we can walk through some troubleshooting. 510.620.5250 is the number. We'll help out!

Salina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Kessil support found the issue and will fix with the next firmware update. Issue is related to special characters in the Wifi passwort.
So, after many month there is finally a app update! BUT the issue is still not fixed!? Really #kessil? Now tried to connected again, to find out it is not. This is frustrating and poor.
Now need to mess again with the direct connection...

chippwalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to disable the wifi dongle temporarily and just use the knobs at the top of the kessil?

CaliCoralCollector

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to give a shout out to Kessil for their great customer service and hopefully help anyone else that may experience the same thing.

I purchased an A360X and WiFi Dongle that I just received yesterday. I was very excited. I got it all hooked up, watched multiple YouTube videos, and read through their instructions. I followed everything I had just watched and read but I could not get it to work. When I would try to connect to the dongle the app would tell me it failed but then the dongle light would turn blue like it was supposed to. When this happened if I went into my phone settings under WiFi it showed that i was connected to the dongle but the app did not recognize the dongle. After attempting to reset and try again multiple times I gave up and called Kessil.

Come to find out something in the new IOS software versions 13 and up has made the initial dongle setup get confused sometimes. Kessil helped walk me through these steps to fix the problem and it has worked flawlessly since. So if you experience the same thing try these steps it should get you up and going.

- Go into the WiFi settings on your mobile device and forget the network for the Kessil Dongle that you are connected to
- Delete the Kessil App from the your mobile device
- Turn mobile device off
- Hold the reset button on the dongle down for 10 seconds until the red light flashes rapidly
- Unplug the dongle from the A360X
- Plug the dongle back into the A360X
- Power up the mobile Device
- Download the App again
- Follow the initial setup instructions and it should be good to go

Thank you Kessil for answering the phone without me even having to wait on hold at all and guiding me through my very first reef aquarium light experience!!!

This just saved me and my sanity. Thank you!

jeremybrowntattoos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On dongle number 2, still not working. Some people rely on a product to maintain a light schedule for their corals because maybe they can’t ramp it in and out all day themselves. The first dongle got stuck on and killed a few corals. Guess I need a redundancy plan. Thanks Kessil!

Back