Kessils over 90 gallon

Quillinm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running two kessils over a 90 gallon older oceanic with a center brace.
My questions is this would you add one more kessil over center brace area to help distribute light more evenly. Which would also up the par in the tank.
Or would you add a 48in led fill light and just leave the 2 kessils alone?

Which we currently have a new light in Denver called nico lights which everyone is switching to because they have some more pop on corals and high par value is what I would use for the fill light. My choices are blue pop, white or uv 460nm which is the one I am considering going with.

Any info would be helpful on deciding because I really am unsure what's the best action to take.

Thanks

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the same lights on my 90 gallon. If I were to venture into sps I'd add 2 more. However 2 has been great for lps, softies and anemone.

Upvote 0

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would go with 2 bar lights, one in front and one in back. This will give you a nice 100-200 par fill. Place your kessils over the areas that you want to highlight/ where you need more par (ex a tall part of the aquascape where you put SPS).

Upvote 0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back