KH Director discrepancy

AZMSGT

Crazy ole man
View Badges
Reaction score
@AZMSGT did you make any progress?
To be honest I haven't. I did some re calibrations and had it reading at what I thought was close enough. 7.9 it read this for a couple days. Well the last two days it's dropped to 7.6 and 7.5.
There is nothing in my tank at the moment so it shouldn't just drop.
I got the reference solution and will monkey with it in a couple days.
Thanks for asking.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
To be honest I haven't. I did some re calibrations and had it reading at what I thought was close enough. 7.9 it read this for a couple days. Well the last two days it's dropped to 7.6 and 7.5.
There is nothing in my tank at the moment so it shouldn't just drop.
I got the reference solution and will monkey with it in a couple days.
Thanks for asking.
I'm not sure exactly why, but if your tank is under 6 months old it can cause some alkalinity consumption. It can take quite awhile for an aquarium to reach a nice stable alkalinity even with no coral/coralline.

AZMSGT

Crazy ole man
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly why, but if your tank is under 6 months old it can cause some alkalinity consumption. It can take quite awhile for an aquarium to reach a nice stable alkalinity even with no coral/coralline.
Huh... didn’t know that.. good info. Thank you.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rocks maybe absorb it?
I don't think rocks absorb it. It's more likely it reacts to stuff that breaks down on the rock. Carbonate is also used by some bacteria in large quantities. Lots of possible pH altering substances in a new system.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I got some Reference Solution myself, and I wondering: can this be used with other checkers? Like the Hanna checker? Was just curious if its a generic solution that can be used to check calibration of other kits...

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
My KH Director is showing a different date and Time for my tests. It says the last test was in August even though it was an hour ago today 22 October. And the time Is off. Anyone know how to fix this?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
My KH Director is showing a different date and Time for my tests. It says the last test was in August even though it was an hour ago today 22 October. And the time Is off. Anyone know how to fix this?
daylight saving time

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Mine never shows the correct time either. Its more than just an hour off. iirc its correct in the windows app but never in the mobile/web app
Mine says it’s 2022. I tried downloading new firmware and everything.

Are you someone who cares what the cords and cables look like around your reef tank?

• Yes and very OCD about it

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Yes but not OCD about it

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • Meh I don't care too much

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • I do not care at all

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 2.2%

Online statistics

Members online