KH Director discrepancy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AZMSGT did you make any progress?
To be honest I haven't. I did some re calibrations and had it reading at what I thought was close enough. 7.9 it read this for a couple days. Well the last two days it's dropped to 7.6 and 7.5.
There is nothing in my tank at the moment so it shouldn't just drop.
I got the reference solution and will monkey with it in a couple days.
Thanks for asking.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I haven't. I did some re calibrations and had it reading at what I thought was close enough. 7.9 it read this for a couple days. Well the last two days it's dropped to 7.6 and 7.5.
There is nothing in my tank at the moment so it shouldn't just drop.
I got the reference solution and will monkey with it in a couple days.
Thanks for asking.
I'm not sure exactly why, but if your tank is under 6 months old it can cause some alkalinity consumption. It can take quite awhile for an aquarium to reach a nice stable alkalinity even with no coral/coralline.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure exactly why, but if your tank is under 6 months old it can cause some alkalinity consumption. It can take quite awhile for an aquarium to reach a nice stable alkalinity even with no coral/coralline.
Huh... didn’t know that.. good info. Thank you.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rocks maybe absorb it?
I don't think rocks absorb it. It's more likely it reacts to stuff that breaks down on the rock. Carbonate is also used by some bacteria in large quantities. Lots of possible pH altering substances in a new system.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some Reference Solution myself, and I wondering: can this be used with other checkers? Like the Hanna checker? Was just curious if its a generic solution that can be used to check calibration of other kits...

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My KH Director is showing a different date and Time for my tests. It says the last test was in August even though it was an hour ago today 22 October. And the time Is off. Anyone know how to fix this?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My KH Director is showing a different date and Time for my tests. It says the last test was in August even though it was an hour ago today 22 October. And the time Is off. Anyone know how to fix this?
daylight saving time

arvind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upping an old thread to see if someone can guide me. New owner of KHD. It shows 10ish while Hanna shows 8ish. I got my water for an ICP test and it matches Hanna so I know the KHD is off. I've done multiple calibrations of all three pumps. Does any of you have any ideas what I may be missing?

I have ordered reference solution from GHL a week ago and still waiting to hear from them. Don't know if it is even going to be helpful.

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you calibrated the probe? Also are you sure you have your length set correctly? Also can you hear the internal pump stirring as it's testing?

arvind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I calibrated the probe and also took it out and tested it on 4 & 7 solutions. Length is set right. Double checked triple checked. I do hear a pump running. I can post a video when I get home.

Back