Kh director dosing and carx

powdertang05

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2017
Messages
283
Reaction score
84
Location
Hayward, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to keep my kh rock solid. Currently I have a dosing pump and carx. I moved from two part due to consumption.

This is my plan:

Run my carx to keep the level as close to 10dkh as possible then have the kh director check every 2 hours and add two part to keep it at 10dkh.

From what I’ve read on other posts using the khdirector to keep levels up will cause more swings. Am I missing something here. Seems like this is a perfect way to keep it rock solid.


?????

I’m spending 2k to keep dkh stable but maybe it’s worth it?
 
Seems like dosing is out of the question.. maybe I should only use it to monitor.
 
If the carx is tuned in I am not sure you will need to dose 2part. That said, @GoVols is running a reactor and the alkatronics so it should be the same principle and setup.
 
If the carx is tuned in I am not sure you will need to dose 2part. That said, @GoVols is running a reactor and the alkatronics so it should be the same principle and setup.

Yeah,
The Alkatronic has a good niche when paired up with a nice calcium reactor setup.

It does dose to pull up the slack, but I really like the Blue Tooth socket's function.

Not sure about an Dastasco, it may tear one of those up.
 
I have a tunze reactor but it’s a relatively small reactor. It is tuned but I see it creeping down weekly. I’m always testing every week and adjusting by 1ml or so. I’m trying to avoid those and just dose to fix it. I was going to use the all in one reef since I have a free head.
 
I am trying to keep my kh rock solid. Currently I have a dosing pump and carx. I moved from two part due to consumption.

This is my plan:

Run my carx to keep the level as close to 10dkh as possible then have the kh director check every 2 hours and add two part to keep it at 10dkh.

From what I’ve read on other posts using the khdirector to keep levels up will cause more swings. Am I missing something here. Seems like this is a perfect way to keep it rock solid.


?????

I’m spending 2k to keep dkh stable but maybe it’s worth it?

Why not use the Calcoum Reactor Mode, and decrease the PH vaule? Set the Sensor, and the Nonminal Vaule change and set the raise and lower PH value?
7B6B2548-0709-4E00-B093-A5B0CE8513F4.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new