Kh director error:taking to long

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I opened a ticket. Maybe I can get a new PC sent and I can put it in. But otherwise recycle comes next weekend and it's going in. Lol. Since I opened the top to look for water it's void. Says right on the sticker as I cut and was aware of it. So can't blame myself after that. But I was hoping to find water in it to give closure onto why my kh is being junk since I got it.
And of course it looks prestine inside so now it throws me off.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk to Vinny before saying it is void but if it not calibrating then we need to talk to support.
Since I'm ready deep into this and I already cut the sticker to void it all. I carefully removed the board and turned it upside down and low and behold there was some little salt creep near the probe port but actually on contacts underneath the black sqaure. See attached pictures. I used a q tip to clean it up and black stuff are rubbing on q tip. See attached photos

I'm assuming that is the problem. Now if I can get @Vinny@GHLUSA to call me and I can just pay for a board and get it shipped out asap maybe to I can finally get my kh to work correctly. I don't even wanna try to go through warranty especially since j already cut the sticker. But just want it fixed

That is of course the board is cheaper than a entire unit.

Black and not sure if that looks normal or healthy. Guessing not since it's all silver but this part. And it's close to pH port

IMG_20200322_111614.jpg IMG_20200322_111645.jpg IMG_20200322_111654.jpg IMG_20200322_111626.jpg IMG_20200322_104727.jpg IMG_20200322_104733.jpg IMG_20200322_105259.jpg
Upon opening the top it's beautiful no water very neat. It's a.mystery how a little salt somehow got to that point and that point only boggles my mind but oh well stuff happens right . Only close thing to that is the emergency drain/vent port. But directly underneath the drain port was dry and clean. Odd eh?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I was able to get ahold of Vinny pretty early here on the west coast. He was quick to send an invoice for a new khd circuit board. So I have a new circuit board enroute to put in my khd and I hope it will solve the pH probe issues as it flickers up and down and not steady at all.

I'll update again when it arrives and is installed for anyone who may be having a similar issue. Or in future. I have a good feeling I'll be up and running with this baby

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Circuit board arrived.. i installed it all put the entire thing back together. I went through calibration in which is actually calibrated this time ( ADC1 52420 and ADC2 30544). I havent re Calibrated pumps as of yet, but i vented reagent line. flushed cell. and did my first test and got 8.2dkh, ( tested hanna same time and was at 7.9dkh) so first test id say its a go! but dont wanna jinx it yet. ill continue to follow tests

1st test: 8.2
2nd test: 8.3
3rd test: 8.3

@Vinny@GHLUSA
@Ditto

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I'm ready deep into this and I already cut the sticker to void it all. I carefully removed the board and turned it upside down and low and behold there was some little salt creep near the probe port but actually on contacts underneath the black sqaure. See attached pictures. I used a q tip to clean it up and black stuff are rubbing on q tip. See attached photos

I'm assuming that is the problem. Now if I can get @Vinny@GHLUSA to call me and I can just pay for a board and get it shipped out asap maybe to I can finally get my kh to work correctly. I don't even wanna try to go through warranty especially since j already cut the sticker. But just want it fixed

That is of course the board is cheaper than a entire unit.

Black and not sure if that looks normal or healthy. Guessing not since it's all silver but this part. And it's close to pH port

IMG_20200322_111614.jpg IMG_20200322_111645.jpg IMG_20200322_111654.jpg IMG_20200322_111626.jpg IMG_20200322_104727.jpg IMG_20200322_104733.jpg IMG_20200322_105259.jpg
Upon opening the top it's beautiful no water very neat. It's a.mystery how a little salt somehow got to that point and that point only boggles my mind but oh well stuff happens right . Only close thing to that is the emergency drain/vent port. But directly underneath the drain port was dry and clean. Odd eh?
As an Electronic Engineer anytime I see something like this it makes me cringe!
Why on Gods earth would you put the Electronics below the area that handles the water?
Any one of those connectors or hoses fail and its game over for the circuit board.
Looking at it the construction is pretty good and everything seems to be well designed except for the placement of the PCB and the connectors.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an Electronic Engineer anytime I see something like this it makes me cringe!
Why on Gods earth would you put the Electronics below the area that handles the water?
Any one of those connectors or hoses fail and its game over for the circuit board.
Looking at it the construction is pretty good and everything seems to be well designed except for the placement of the PCB and the connectors.
I'm actually going to run a small bead of silicone around the bottom and top so if the probe or rear vent or front leaks it will run down and not get through the crack of the top and bottom. Easily to cut to opens be peak off and reseal.

I'd recommend this to all people with the dosers and kh. So it's sealed from outside so if it leaks it would be warranty and a issue with ghl putting it together. Now that I fixed mine. I did that to mine.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conformal coating on that PCB would have prevented this entire issue. GHL really should seal these Circuit cards.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conformal coating on that PCB would have prevented this entire issue. GHL really should seal these Circuit cards.

It was accurate. Results are climbing now
4th test 6 hours later: 8.6
5th test immediately after:8.7

Hanna checker 7.8

So it's climbing. I guess I'll wake up and back to beginning. Calibrate all 3 pumps now

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I went to immediately calibrate pumps. Sample water and reagent calibration changed. So I fixed that. The waste water pump is crazy. It's not very consistent.
I used my scale to weigh the water

Reef sample 38.8ml/min
Reagent 4.7ml/min
Waste 35ml/min

The waste calibration was all over the place so I calibrated it 10 times and averaged.

34.5 / 34.5 / 34.7 / 34.8 / 34.8 / 35.4 / 35.5 / 35.4 / 35.2 / 35.2

Very odd. So I decided to average and set it to 35

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I went to immediately calibrate pumps. Sample water and reagent calibration changed. So I fixed that. The waste water pump is crazy. It's not very consistent.
I used my scale to weigh the water

Reef sample 38.8ml/min
Reagent 4.7ml/min
Waste 35ml/min

The waste calibration was all over the place so I calibrated it 10 times and averaged.

34.5 / 34.5 / 34.7 / 34.8 / 34.8 / 35.4 / 35.5 / 35.4 / 35.2 / 35.2

Very odd. So I decided to average and set it to 35

Sounds about right, it is probably within the accuracy specs of the system.
Those are also good numbers for other to compare against.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I ever mention now that I swapped the board and recalibrated that my ghl khd matches my Hanna checker Everytime. They are identical. I can not get them to be different. Whatever I did. Absolutely dialed it in to the T. Crazy crazy

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I ever mention now that I swapped the board and recalibrated that my ghl khd matches my Hanna checker Everytime. They are identical. I can not get them to be different. Whatever I did. Absolutely dialed it in to the T. Crazy crazy
It’s Magic

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back