KH Director reading not changing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My KH director was always reading 6.9 - 7.1 when my Hanna, Salifert, and Red Sea kits were all reading 9.0. I figured this is just testing difference. I keep my Alk very stable and used the Director for monitoring only. I recently decided to bring my Alk down to 8.0 due to low nutrients and burning the tips on some acros. Over the course the of a few days I lowered the amount of dosing and as expected my test kits showed my alk dropping. It dropped down to 7.6 and I added carbonate to get back to 8.0 and have been holding steady there. All my manual test kits (hanna, Salifert, Red Sea) showed the drop in Alk to 7.6 and the subsequent increase back to 8.0 as expected. The KH Director on the other hand stayed reading between 6.9 - 7.1 this whole time. During this time I calibrated the pH probe, re-measured my tubes, made sure no air bubbles anywhere, calibrated the Doser, but it made no difference. Always reading 6.9 - 7.1. I put a ticket in (#814) but haven't heard back about it. Anyone else experience anything like this?

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like perhaps a calibration or other setup issue. I have found my KHD to be absolutely spot on since I set it up correctly.

OP
OP
jschultzbass

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like perhaps a calibration or other setup issue. I have found my KHD to be absolutely spot on since I set it up correctly.
I calibrated the probe, re-measured and calibrated all tubing and pumps. Even if something was off you'd think it would at least change up and down but it doesn't, always 6.9 - 7.1. Also doesn't match 4 separate test kits that were all reading withing 0.2 dkh of each other

Vu337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

can you please help us how to get it working correctly, sorry for jumping in your thread jschultzbass

Vu337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine shows 7.9-8.0 on hanna and 8.76-9.36 on kh guardian, no matter what i set my targeted dkh at it only doses .4593

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

sure, but unfortunately I have no quick answer or even solution, so we need to dig a bit deeper.

We prefer to handle this kind of support cases directly, especially when it gets a bit more difficult and we need more details.

Could you open a ticket or send us an email? My support team and I are glad to help you there.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/

Thanks.

OP
OP
jschultzbass

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

sure, but unfortunately I have no quick answer or even solution, so we need to dig a bit deeper.

We prefer to handle this kind of support cases directly, especially when it gets a bit more difficult and we need more details.

Could you open a ticket or send us an email? My support team and I are glad to help you there.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/

Thanks.
I opened a ticket, #814, a week ago. Just haven't heard anything yet. Thanks!

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it turns out to be a simple fix or setup issue then do share the outcome as it could help others. There's nothing worse than finding a thread with the same problem you've got and not seeing the resolution!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's from Coralvue. You can hop on their forum and ask.
Are you watching your pH during the test to see if it looks to be responding properly? And is the time from the last test updating properly?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back