kh director - special tubing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pigmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, we got a used kh director and 2.1 slave... does the kh director need special tubing, or can we just use anything that'll fit? we didn't get any in our set.

thanks! o_O

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, we got a used kh director and 2.1 slave... does the kh director need special tubing, or can we just use anything that'll fit? we didn't get any in our set.

thanks! o_O

I was in the same position and used standard RO tubing. It worked, but I ended up getting a new KH Director, and the silicone tubing that was included seems to work much better. Maybe reach out to GHL and see if they can send you some.

OP
OP
pigmo

pigmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crimsonvice - much better? not just a little better? haha. i left ghl a voicemail a few days ago but they haven't replied. brs wasn't certain. i shoulda had my bro buy me a new one!

o_O

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use silicone tubing to connect the KH director to the doser. Also the silicon tubing is used for the vent lines.

The line pulling water from the tank needs to be poly. Silicone can collapse and cause problems.

The tubing needs to be 4mm inside diameter.

If you need to replace the tubing on the Doser you need surgical rubber tubing. BRS actually sells the doser tubing as well as GHL USA.

OP
OP
pigmo

pigmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks @AZMSGT i'll try this one

DERPIPE Silicone Tubing - 4mm ID 6mm OD Food Grade Flexible Thick for Homebrewing Pump Transfer 5 Meters(16.4ft) Length

Enea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use silicone tubing to connect the KH director to the doser. Also the silicon tubing is used for the vent lines.

The line pulling water from the tank needs to be poly. Silicone can collapse and cause problems.

The tubing needs to be 4mm inside diameter.

If you need to replace the tubing on the Doser you need surgical rubber tubing. BRS actually sells the doser tubing as well as GHL USA.

In the kit with the reagent they sell the tube.

With sillicone tubes i've always had bubbles towards the kh director. Now I use the tubes that GHL gives you in the kit. They are more rigid, I think they are polyurethane, and I have had no problems with them.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned earlier, we include a specific tube for the reagent line which is made of a different material. These are also included with our KHD reagent sets (3x1000ml bottles).

Allytyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my KHD 2.1 set I didn't seem to get a tube for the reagent. Can I use RO?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Allytyc
Contact the dealer whom you purchased from. They will arrange to have the tube sent to you. If you purchased direct, provide a copy of the sales receipt in the email.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Allytyc
Contact the dealer whom you purchased from. They will arrange to have the tube sent to you. If you purchased direct, provide a copy of the sales receipt in the email.
I just purchased the kh director by itself and the doser 2.1 master pump by itself since the place I order from was out of the “kit” will I be receiving everything that the kit has or will I not be able to set it up because I’m missing something?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back