KH Director waste return to sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brew12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Other than ph, it'll also burn off some alkalinity. Assuming we're using 0.1N HCL acid, 144ml of reagent will burn 1Dkh. That's no factoring the acid that's used up during the testing procedure.
 
Hi guys just wondered if you still returning the sample water ?

Have you seen any effects
 
If it can go back to the tank, it will be much easier and less work for those who test multiple time a day. I feel like I always have to empty my waste water every other day
 
Hi guys just wondered if you still returning the sample water ?

Have you seen any effects
If it can go back to the tank, it will be much easier and less work for those who test multiple time a day. I feel like I always have to empty my waste water every other day
I've been doing it for over 8 months now I think, and no issues that I noticed. It didn't make a measurable change in my pH. I would only be worried about it in a nano system.
 
I've been doing it for over 8 months now I think, and no issues that I noticed. It didn't make a measurable change in my pH. I would only be worried about it in a nano system.
Nicetank
 
I've been doing it for over 8 months now I think, and no issues that I noticed. It didn't make a measurable change in my pH. I would only be worried about it in a nano system.

what on your thoughts on if you are testing 6-8 times a day in a moderate to large tank. (Around 180-225)
 
what on your thoughts on if you are testing 6-8 times a day in a moderate to large tank. (Around 180-225)
My thoughts are that I would test less! :p
When I was dialing in my CaRx a few months ago I was testing 8 times a day for a few weeks with it all going to my sump, and my system is smaller.
 
I've been doing it for over 8 months now I think, and no issues that I noticed. It didn't make a measurable change in my pH. I would only be worried about it in a nano system.

im assuming you using the kh director reagent?
 
Hi Brew...still no issues? I am thinking of doing it.
Plenty of issues in my tank right now, but that was due to a CaRx problem. I had no adverse effects of returning samples to the sump.
 
This is interesting to me as I agree it would be ideal to return the sample to the tank. Chemically it would seem that adding dilute acid back will do nothing but consume some alkalinity and that can be easily accounted for in dosing. Therefore, the only potential issue remains the blue dye. Any ideas why it’s there? Is it a stabilizer or just a safety thing thinking people won’t drink blue liquid (think again blue Gatorade fans)? If I end up with the director would make it tempting to source undyed 0.1N HCl.
 
But the liquide is bleu. Is blie dye reef safe?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new