KH Director waste return to sump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than ph, it'll also burn off some alkalinity. Assuming we're using 0.1N HCL acid, 144ml of reagent will burn 1Dkh. That's no factoring the acid that's used up during the testing procedure.

Iwantsum9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it can go back to the tank, it will be much easier and less work for those who test multiple time a day. I feel like I always have to empty my waste water every other day

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys just wondered if you still returning the sample water ?

Have you seen any effects
If it can go back to the tank, it will be much easier and less work for those who test multiple time a day. I feel like I always have to empty my waste water every other day
I've been doing it for over 8 months now I think, and no issues that I noticed. It didn't make a measurable change in my pH. I would only be worried about it in a nano system.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been doing it for over 8 months now I think, and no issues that I noticed. It didn't make a measurable change in my pH. I would only be worried about it in a nano system.

what on your thoughts on if you are testing 6-8 times a day in a moderate to large tank. (Around 180-225)

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what on your thoughts on if you are testing 6-8 times a day in a moderate to large tank. (Around 180-225)
My thoughts are that I would test less! :p
When I was dialing in my CaRx a few months ago I was testing 8 times a day for a few weeks with it all going to my sump, and my system is smaller.

Iwantsum9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

im assuming you using the kh director reagent?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brew...still no issues? I am thinking of doing it.
Plenty of issues in my tank right now, but that was due to a CaRx problem. I had no adverse effects of returning samples to the sump.

sylvius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting to me as I agree it would be ideal to return the sample to the tank. Chemically it would seem that adding dilute acid back will do nothing but consume some alkalinity and that can be easily accounted for in dosing. Therefore, the only potential issue remains the blue dye. Any ideas why it’s there? Is it a stabilizer or just a safety thing thinking people won’t drink blue liquid (think again blue Gatorade fans)? If I end up with the director would make it tempting to source undyed 0.1N HCl.

Back