KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still working on it, hope to know more soon :)
In all seriousness, Ed has posted my thoughts on this.

We'll update soon, you'll receive a notification when we do :)

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would rather the GHL team focus on making the P4 fully functional, instead of the partially functioning beta version it currently runs.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I don't want to go on a rant, but I'll discuss some of my current frustrations. I know the P4 is new and is experiencing "growing pains," yet I wish I knew I was going to become a beta tester before I purchased lol. A few things that are not currently operational include the webserver and the profilux app. I haven't really heard a timeline on when these will be complete, but I was under the impression that these were all functioning before I purchased. After learning that they weren't, I went and read the fine print. Also, myghl seems to be about 50/50 right now for functionality.

There are a few other things like the conductivity probe not performing correctly for several users. There have even been users who have virtually eliminated all variables by connecting a p3 up with the same probe right next to the p4, and the p4 values drift downwards while the p3 stays constant. It's hard to blame on microbubbles in cases like this. Also, small things such as when I updated my GCC to the current version, my doser 2 now errors out when I connect. The only variable that changed was the GCC. I had to download an older version, which worked. I feel like I've achieved a major feat everytime I get something to successfully work (like wifi, or registering the p4 and doser 2 on myghl), rather than simply installing and moving forward with my day.

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I don't want to go on a rant, but I'll discuss some of my current frustrations. I know the P4 is new and is experiencing "growing pains," yet I wish I knew I was going to become a beta tester before I purchased lol. A few things that are not currently operational include the webserver and the profilux app. I haven't really heard a timeline on when these will be complete, but I was under the impression that these were all functioning before I purchased. After learning that they weren't, I went and read the fine print. Also, myghl seems to be about 50/50 right now for functionality.

There are a few other things like the conductivity probe not performing correctly for several users. There have even been users who have virtually eliminated all variables by connecting a p3 up with the same probe right next to the p4, and the p4 values drift downwards while the p3 stays constant. It's hard to blame on microbubbles in cases like this. Also, small things such as when I updated my GCC to the current version, my doser 2 now errors out when I connect. The only variable that changed was the GCC. I had to download an older version, which worked. I feel like I've achieved a major feat everytime I get something to successfully work (like wifi, or registering the p4 and doser 2 on myghl), rather than simply installing and moving forward with my day.
the folks at GHL haven't been able to walk you through or resolve these items for you rather immediately when you call or email them for support?

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this feeling all too well haahaa!

"I feel like I've achieved a major feat everytime I get something to successfully work (like wifi, or registering the p4 and doser 2 on myghl), rather than simply installing and moving forward with my day." Dawsokj1988

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always contact Vinny or Marco and post to the GHL forum. Also if you do Facebook join the GHL Users group. I have always had great user support. If you have a problem always good to the source so that can help with fixing an issue.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that GHL has always responded to issues. There customer support via the forums is very good. This wasn't what I was stating; I was simply expressing my opinion that I'd rather they focus on completing already released products before introducing new products.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the other thread had been revived so I'm doing the same to this one [emoji51].......has there been any progress with this? Are there any progress updates?

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told by Matthias that the P4 has the highest priority right now. My interpretation on that statement is to not expect any news on the Kh Director anytime soon.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This just hit my inbox.

KH-Director_1181x591_b.jpg

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/the-new-kh-director/

If you’re looking to achieve exceptional coral growing conditions, Alkalinity testing is a must!
Keep it steady with the new GHL KH Director®.

Get a first-hand look at the KH Director®, shown first at MACNA New Orleans!

Fully control and automate Alkalinity supplementation like a PRO! Lab grade quality and precision, only the best for your reef.

Features
  • Fully automated control of Alkalinity/Carbonate hardness
  • Lab grade quality and precision
  • 0.1°dKH measurement value accuracy
  • Measurement value data logging
  • Compatible with ProfiLux 3, 4, and GHL Doser
  • Data viewable on ProfiLux display, ProfiLux Touch, or myGHL; additional external display unit optional
    LED status display, myGHL cloud accessible (via GHL Doser or ProfiLux 3 or 4)
The KH Director® is designed to work in conjunction with a GHL Doser 2 Standalone or a ProfiLux Aquarium Controller 3 or 4 with a Doser 2 Slave for operation. The 2 inlets and 1 outlet of the KHD connect to 3 dosing pumps on the Doser 2 (2.1). These 3 pumps are then responsible for accurately transferring fluid to and from the KHD.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well cool!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back