KH Guardian: Automatic Alkalinity Controller- My Experiences

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone help me with this? ive emailed the support interested to see what they say as well, however every time that i run a dkh test it seems that the reagent is lowering the ph in the mixing tube very quickly. Do other peoples PH drop very quickly when running a dkh test? or does it remain stable.

have i mixed the reagent with some very low ph ro water? is that wrong?

its currently reading my dkh at around 4.1 and salifert 2 diff kits saying 8.7 :S what should i do?

Thanks

Luke

Check two things first.
1. Reagent dilution ratio. One pack of reagent needs to dilute by 1500g RO/DI water
2. Pull out the black chamber and check the white small rotor in chamber is in correct place? some of rotor are jump out from chamber during bad transport condition.

Please show your log and set up info so we can figure out more details.

rotor.jpg

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luke, I understood that you should ignore the pH reading on the KHG as no one could say what it's actually reading. When you say the pH is dropping very quickly I'm not sure what you mean as you can't see the pH reading why a dkH test is being performed. So far I've mixed my reagent with the stated 1500grm of RODI and have to say that since the new PCB the results match both Red Sea Pro and Fauna Marin test results.

Have you calibrated the pH probe and how did you mix the reagent ?

KritikaL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats very strange

on the screen when you do a KH test, on the bottom left hand side does the PH not show up?

it looks to me like it goes from 8.5 down to 8 down to 7.5 down to 7 and keeps going down as the test is active... However i dont know if that number is the actual ph.

I'm very confused :(

The reagent was mixed with 1500g of ro/di water that is for sure.

and yes i've calibrated the probe and checked it three times! im going to check it again when i get home :(

very strange i will check the motor though as i dont remember seeing that part on the mixing chamber! i looked inside as prior to this i had a ph error message when doing the 'get dkh'

It was reading kh at 4.1 yesterday unless both my salifert kits are completely screwed then this is considerably lower than expcted! :(

KritikaL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive just seen a video and it does the same thing as mine! thats very strange. not sure how it can be reading the kh so low! :/ slightly worried at the same time hahahaha.

RobbieMVFC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the new purchase.
My LFS has one running on his SPS tank. What he told me was he would buy a large amount of SPS . Once put into the tank there would be large ALK swings. Resulting in browned out SPS. Then he would have to sell the stock he hadn't sold in 2 days at bargain prices just to get rid of them. I went in to the shop 4 days after the new delivery and all SPS were still stunning.... No more discount SPS . So in my opinion it's a good buy. Look forward to hearing how you travel with it.

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive just seen a video and it does the same thing as mine! thats very strange. not sure how it can be reading the kh so low! :/ slightly worried at the same time hahahaha.

Luke, I believe you have solved the problem yesterday and UK distributor show me all of your log and setup info.

Now you need to use " Adj KH" function to meet your request KH value.

If you still have question please send email to [email protected] I will give you my best answer.

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to bite the bullet and buy one as well.
Will use the monitor-version. Does this have the same web-interface?

Apex-integration will be done in a later stage.
Sebastiaan
Luke uses KHG C version it mean it is controller and you are ordering M version it is only with Monitor function.
They are two different products but the interface is the same.

KritikaL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luke, I believe you have solved the problem yesterday and UK distributor show me all of your log and setup info.

Now you need to use " Adj KH" function to meet your request KH value.

If you still have question please send email to [email protected] I will give you my best answer.

Hi Elton yeah we are just working through a few things at the moment!

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might have been posted earlier but how does the monitor version interface with Apex?

Also I tried to order one yesterday from Coralve but they said not yet available in the US. Is there a release date? I really need one of these in my life and the sooner the better.

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might have been posted earlier but how does the monitor version interface with Apex?

Also I tried to order one yesterday from Coralve but they said not yet available in the US. Is there a release date? I really need one of these in my life and the sooner the better.
I am so sorry for the a little bit delay.
We are trying to ship all orders before middle of June.

Both of Controller version and Monitor version can use our AIM to connect any brand of controller which use BNC connector.
So apex just one of controller that can be connected.

Last edited:

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me the measurements of the M version? I'm going to keep my unit in the cabinet where my sump is and I would like to build an acrylic case for it so that I can mount it and so that it cannot get wet.

Last edited:

KritikaL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got mine working an absolute treat now! loving it! at the moment i got it testing every hour i just wanna see how it changes through the day as a learning curve so i can see if my doser is actually keeping it really stable or not!

then im gonna strap it up to a container with kh solution in and see how it goes!

Once uve set this up the first time and played around with it for a day this really is a dream to work with. Its so simple, the simplicity of it makes it absolutely amazing!

Please please please make another version of this to monitor phosphate! i would hand you another £1300 no problem. :D

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me the measurements of the M version? I'm going to keep my unit in the cabinet where my sump is and I would like to build an acrylic case for it so that I can mount it and so that it cannot get wet.

182mm*114mm*230mm( height)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back