KH Guardian: Automatic Alkalinity Controller- My Experiences

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got mine working an absolute treat now! loving it! at the moment i got it testing every hour i just wanna see how it changes through the day as a learning curve so i can see if my doser is actually keeping it really stable or not!

then im gonna strap it up to a container with kh solution in and see how it goes!

Once uve set this up the first time and played around with it for a day this really is a dream to work with. Its so simple, the simplicity of it makes it absolutely amazing!

Please please please make another version of this to monitor phosphate! i would hand you another £1300 no problem. :D

God!!!
How do you know we have phosphate monitor testing in the lab?!
But it is not a priority product we are going show on the market. But you will see it soon.

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you connect this through a pH BNC port on an apex base or PM unit to get the data into apex?
No only use PM1 but you can direct connect AIM on apex controller directly.
You can check the PH value on KHG directly.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed my PCB at home, took less than 5mins to do, very simple and straightforward
I am in the same boat I have to get home so I can break the unit down and send it in for service. With my work schedule, it's not so easy to get it returned. I wish we had the self-install solution available.

DP REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I got the new board the unit has been working fantastically. I only test now once a week just to spot check and it's aligned.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the new board installed but the resolution is still only 0.1 the only reason I returned it was to get the 0.01 resolution promised. I don't get it can someone tell me how to turn on the two decimal place resolution they advertise?
firmware: KHG V88PRO.H5F1 and it still skips DKH values?

Last edited:

Mike810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you set up the khg, will the ph probe remain wet even if you disconnect the khg for an extended period of time?

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you set up the khg, will the ph probe remain wet even if you disconnect the khg for an extended period of time?
Probe must keep in wet all the time.
When you disconnect KHG but not purge the chamber the reaction chamber still have enough water to keep probe in wet.

But we still suggest you remove probe from KHG holder and put it in the small keeping bottle if you are going to disconnect KHG for many days.

Last edited:

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have the kh round of cell to modify?
this is what my screen shows and the board was just replaced.
KHG screen by watsonj0, on Flickr

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got an answer for all those who upgrade.
"Click "eng mode on" then click "system setup". You can find "kh round 2nd dec" and please put "0" here then save it.
You have the 2nd decimal function."

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed if you purge the memory the line chart does not reset, I could not find a way in ENG mode or otherwise to clear the chart.

Last edited:

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the PCB upgrade, without rounding in place you can see the accuracy of the unit, Charting is great to now all we need is the AIM unit to make it complete!
KHG line 2 by watsonj0, on Flickr

Last edited:

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have a calcium reactor, dose is set to come on if Alk drops out of range though as a saftey net

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go
No I have a calcium reactor, dose is set to come on if Alk drops out of range though as a saftey net
Good news for you...

we are going to release calcium reactor control module soon. Any one who uses Calcium reactor can use this module connect KHG and KHG can help you control the out put of Calcium reactor.

Mike810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go

Good news for you...

we are going to release calcium reactor control module soon. Any one who uses Calcium reactor can use this module connect KHG and KHG can help you control the out put of Calcium reactor.
More details!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back