1494628373936.JPEG

KHG M Version.

Mike810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me exactly how many ML the khg drains from the sump every time it runs and completes a test?

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a quick graph directly from the KHG:

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-23%20at%2013.52.40.png

Mines been running since around January although only recently swapped out the PCB that includes the graphing capability. I would say that the accuracy has also improved, seems to have at least.

Mine is still in monitoring mode set at 60min test cycles.

Waste goes back to the aquarium

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rick just wondering how things are going with the unit? Have you reached the sweet spot for Alk stability with this?

Also I was preparing to purchase the full unit when the monitor was release so now I'm in a betwixt. I know you're not a rep for Corlavue but I'm if I should wait on the Apex version and get a DOS, or buy the Guardian monitor and manage dosing via my GHL 2.1 doser?

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rick just wondering how things are going with the unit? Have you reached the sweet spot for Alk stability with this?
Also I was preparing to purchase the full unit when the monitor was release so now I'm in a betwixt. I know you're not a rep for Corlavue but I'm if I should wait on the Apex version and get a DOS, or buy the Guardian monitor and manage dosing via my GHL 2.1 doser?

Controller and Monitor are offering different function to user.
For convenient, controller will be a better choice and it can prevent 3rd party doser or human mistake.

Monitor can help you adjust your doser base on the value checked by KHG M. And you still need check and adjust doser if it has anything worng.

So from my point of view, no matter you have 3rd party doser or not, the controller will be a better choice. But if here has budget issue please buy the Monitor.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine has been great! I'm sorry I have been away from this thread for so long, I had ACL replacement surgery last friday, involving an achilles tendon from someone who was kind enough to donate after their passing. They drilled holes for the bone plugs to be grafted into my femur and shin bone, and drilled a hole through my femur behind the knee cap to pass the tendon through. It was a horribly painful ordeal, but they took me out of a leg immobilizer after 4 days (worst 4 days of my life) and I was walking on it unassisted within 30 mins. I've been walking (or re learning to) for 3 days now with no crutches/braces or any support. I've got a strict Physical Therapy regime I'm following to a T and things are progressing quickly. It is amazing how much better every morning it feels/works when I wake up.

Mine is so great I don't want to disconnect it and send it in to Coralvue to change the PCB board. Right now that isn't an option at all with my knee anyway, so hopefully soon I can make that decision. (Carlos I'm not ignoring your email about the upgrade... I've been incapacitated! ;))

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been great! I'm sorry I have been away from this thread for so long, I had ACL replacement surgery last friday, involving an achilles tendon from someone who was kind enough to donate after their passing. They drilled holes for the bone plugs to be grafted into my femur and shin bone, and drilled a hole through my femur behind the knee cap to pass the tendon through. It was a horribly painful ordeal, but they took me out of a leg immobilizer after 4 days (worst 4 days of my life) and I was walking on it unassisted within 30 mins. I've been walking (or re learning to) for 3 days now with no crutches/braces or any support. I've got a strict Physical Therapy regime I'm following to a T and things are progressing quickly. It is amazing how much better every morning it feels/works when I wake up.

Mine is so great I don't want to disconnect it and send it in to Coralvue to change the PCB board. Right now that isn't an option at all with my knee anyway, so hopefully soon I can make that decision. (Carlos I'm not ignoring your email about the upgrade... I've been incapacitated! ;))

Jesus that sounds painful Rick but I'm certainly glad you're feeling better! Glad you were able to find a donor as well. My friends 16 year old son committed suicide 2 weeks ago and his organs were donated and provided new life to 5 people. It's really helped to dampen the blow from such a tragedy as 2 of the recipients were related to the family.

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Controller and Monitor are offering different function to user.
For convenient, controller will be a better choice and it can prevent 3rd party doser or human mistake.

Monitor can help you adjust your doser base on the value checked by KHG M. And you still need check and adjust doser if it has anything worng.

So from my point of view, no matter you have 3rd party doser or not, the controller will be a better choice. But if here has budget issue please buy the Monitor.

No budget is not an issue, but my doser was purchased only a few months ago so I'm trying to do my homework before shelling out any cash whether for the monitor or full unit. Also wondering if the unit will dose calc or will I still require the use of a doser anyway to keep levels balanced? Where can I purchase the monitoring system?

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that the KHG was a big part of my tank being self sufficient when I was in no capacity to do anything or even make a decision!
Thanks @eltonw I definitely wouldn't have been so confident about letting my tank go on autopilot if it wasn't for the KHG.

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No budget is not an issue, but my doser was purchased only a few months ago so I'm trying to do my homework before shelling out any cash whether for the monitor or full unit. Also wondering if the unit will dose calc or will I still require the use of a doser anyway to keep levels balanced? Where can I purchase the monitoring system?
Kh guardian is only for kh, about calc still need other device.

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that the KHG was a big part of my tank being self sufficient when I was in no capacity to do anything or even make a decision!
Thanks @eltonw I definitely wouldn't have been so confident about letting my tank go on autopilot if it wasn't for the KHG.
I also would like to say thanks for your trust KHG.
KHG is what we spent 4 years and test several millions times to make sure everything works well.
We have other items are going to show people and they are never in the market.

KritikaL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone help me with this? ive emailed the support interested to see what they say as well, however every time that i run a dkh test it seems that the reagent is lowering the ph in the mixing tube very quickly. Do other peoples PH drop very quickly when running a dkh test? or does it remain stable.

have i mixed the reagent with some very low ph ro water? is that wrong?

its currently reading my dkh at around 4.1 and salifert 2 diff kits saying 8.7 :S what should i do?

Thanks

Luke

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back