KH Guardian: Automatic Alkalinity Controller- My Experiences

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not filter the SW in line except for the supplied check valve which has a screen in it.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2022375caa21dab9cb30bbafe1006471.jpg

What size quick connect bulkhead are you all using on your containers? Are you mating different size tubing up to one another? If so what type of adapters are you utilizing?
I just drilled a hole in the cap of my reagent container and pushed the supplied hose into the bottom of the container.

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I just drilled a hole in a brs jug and put the hose through. I have a Neptune DDR sitting around that one day I'll use for reagent and sodium bicarbonate solution. I have like 30 other projects I need to do first :)

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be that that is my ultimate solution but Seaside Aquatics appears to sell a replacement rod for their doser that just may do the trick for me.

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that the monitor has been released w/ A.I.M. Where can the AIM be purchased separately?

ivar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!
I Have a KHG that I am trying to setup up with an apple AirPort Express. The Express keeps crashing and needs constant reboots. Has anyone managed to connect an express to a KHG?
thx for your help

ivar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really struggling connecting to my KHG. I also don't have a computer w an ethernet connection anymore so connecting straight to computer won't work. Anyone have any ideas?

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like to test 2 maybe 3 times tops but I cannot adjust the Check interval number beyond 240. Has anyone else encountered an issues like this?

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sure if it's already been mentioned. Does anyone know if there would be a problem with me keeping my reagent 5 feet way from the unit?

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr bridge might give you a better/different response but I don't see why it would be an issue. Priming that would take forever and any air bubbles for whatever reason in the future would take forever and a lot of reagent to clear.

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sure if it's already been mentioned. Does anyone know if there would be a problem with me keeping my reagent 5 feet way from the unit?
No problem at all but please use one way valve so it can keep reagent motor get reagent easily.
Also must to make sure
1. Two end tubes are not loose in connector area.
2. Do Not use the extension tube inside OD over 2.5 mm

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem at all but please use one way valve so it can keep reagent motor get reagent easily.
Also must to make sure
1. Two end tubes are not loose in connector area.
2. Do Not use the extension tube inside OD over 2.5 mm

Awesome thank you. Never seen air tubing that small in the hobby. I ordered, Metric Tubing, 2 mm OD, 1.2 mm ID you think this is correct?

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like to know what size tubing is correct for the lines on the Guardian unit and where to order in the USA.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back