KH Guardian: Automatic Alkalinity Controller- My Experiences

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's strange is that I'm using the IP provided me by the KH. Do I have to have all hoses running into their various areas of the tank/containers before I can login?

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's strange is that I'm using the IP provided me by the KH. Do I have to have all hoses running into their various areas of the tank/containers before I can login?
No you don't need all the hoses to just get to the web interface.

Windows PC? What OS?

If windows,
Next, let's find your local IP address. Here are the instructions for Windows

1. Click on the Start menu and type cmd. When you see the cmd applications in Start menu panel, click it or just press enter.
  2. A command line window will open. Type ipconfig and press enter.
  3. You'll see a bunch of information, but the line you want to look for is "IPv4 Address." The number across from that text is your local IP address.
If it's not 192.168.1.X (where x is a number), we can try walking you through getting the KHG on the proper network range that your local network is on by connecting to your computer directly.

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MacOS Sierra
ok cool.

Open System Preferences
Go to Network

If using wifi, click on that and the advanced button
We have the advanced button open, go to the TCP/IP tab

If using hardwired, click on Ethernet, the ipv4 address should be displayed

What's your ipv4 address?

DP REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of issues, I had my own, but I am also down to testing Alk once every 2 weeks.

585de8d53bf9c3351fb9207a0a231a9d.jpg

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok cool.

Open System Preferences
Go to Network

If using wifi, click on that and the advanced button
We have the advanced button open, go to the TCP/IP tab

If using hardwired, click on Ethernet, the ipv4 address should be displayed

What's your ipv4 address?

I messaged you so as not to take over the thread.

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't what I originally thought but we figured it out.

The KHG tries to come with some sane network defaults. Not all networks are created equally though.

The router/gateway was on an odd IP. We ultimately had to connect the KHG directly to their computer, manually configure the computer so that it can communicate with the KHG and setup the KHG network settings without DHCP to match their home network.

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The KHG tries to come with some sane network defaults. Not all networks are created equally though.

The router/gateway was on an odd IP. We ultimately had to connect the KHG directly to their computer, manually configure the computer so that it can communicate with the KHG and setup the KHG network settings without DHCP to match their home network.

Couldn't have done it without you. Thanks again!

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My unit has been running great @deaclauderdale, sorry it took me so long to respond. If just keeps testing away. I've spent the last couple months gradually raising my alkalinity from 7.4-7.7 dKH to 8.4-8.7 dKH. Everything seems to be happy and growing well, time will tell what the changes the increased alkalinity will evoke. We shall see!

IMG_5720.JPG
IMG_5721.JPG
IMG_5725.JPG

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Form many user's report we also find some brands of router are not with friendly design and it also made the thing harder.
I use TP Link or D link router it is so easy to change the IP itself and KHG can just connect it without any problem. But I also use Netgear router and it is really hard to me to set up KHG in LAN. Maybe it is that I am not familiar with Netgear products so it is very hard for me.

I am also still learning from you now.

Mike810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been getting a SW>ERR. My KHG has only been running for about 2-3 weeks. All lines are free, debris free, kink free and at the proper lengths. Every time I get the SW>ERR, I open the reaction chamber and can see that the float switch is not moving freely. I have to remove the agitator and push it as low as possible and this will resolve the SW>ERR for about a week. Then I have to do the same thing over again. Am I the only one having this issue and is my unit faulty? The SW IN line is in an area of my sump with no bubbles and I run 13 filter socks so no debris gets through, yet my W. climbs higher throughout the weeks until I get a SW>ERR and have to open up the reaction chamber to move the agitator.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything supporting the reaction chamber?

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No there isn't, is it notorious for falling off? Guess I can add a little bungee cord to it.
I would say it isn't notorious for falling off but it is for being loose. You need to make sure it's tight for accurate readings. I think this is something they should fix in the next design and make the reaction chamber snap in place.

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it isn't notorious for falling off but it is for being loose. You need to make sure it's tight for accurate readings. I think this is something they should fix in the next design and make the reaction chamber snap in place.

Understood. Going to see if the gent the designer my current bracket/holder can't add a fixed or movable piece that holds the container in place.

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2022375caa21dab9cb30bbafe1006471.jpg

What size quick connect bulkhead are you all using on your containers? Are you mating different size tubing up to one another? If so what type of adapters are you utilizing?

Back