KH Guardian: Automatic Alkalinity Controller- My Experiences

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contemplating buying some kind of alk monitor. What makes the KHG stand out from the rest and is it worth the price? I have an apex classic so hopefully the two can work together.

There has been a lot of talk about other alk monitors but most are not yet available and the ones that are are new to market. KHG has been out the longest and is the least expensive.

I have mine connected to my classic apex, the setup works well. I get email notifications, a dashboard probe graph, and can disable my dosing pumps if alk is too high.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LobsterOfJustice
So would you recommend it? Seems like alot of money to pay and I've heard some nightmare stories.
I would I haven’t worried about alk since I got mine I set up my apex up for alerts so I know if something is off and am happy I didn’t wait for the trident

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LobsterOfJustice
So would you recommend it? Seems like alot of money to pay and I've heard some nightmare stories.

I’m glad I purchased mine. If you are willing to wait and/or pay more, then there are other options, but for me there was no competition. I’ve had two issues which I had to contact support for, both of which were taken care of. That’s more than usual for a product, but I’m happy with how it was handled, and again, it’s not like there are any other options out there for alk monitoring at this price point.

It’s already saved me once from an empty dosing reservoir and it’s a great piece of mind to not have to worry about the #1 cause of SPS tank crashes.

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DVC

These past three days I have had a chronic problem with a pw_err
My float is always loose never stuck what could be causing this to happen all of the sudden?

1. Please confirm that your firmware has been upgraded to V8FW.H6A8VC http://www.khguardian.com/download.php
  2. Click the Purge Chamber button.
  3. When the pump is stopped, if the PW <ERR alert is appears, That is the level sensor voltage is shifted.
  4. Please refer to the video at the following URL for voltage calibration. The process is not difficult.

screenshot_20180821_113130.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. Please confirm that your firmware has been upgraded to V8FW.H6A8VC http://www.khguardian.com/download.php
  2. Click the Purge Chamber button.
  3. When the pump is stopped, if the PW <ERR alert is appears, That is the level sensor voltage is shifted.
  4. Please refer to the video at the following URL for voltage calibration. The process is not difficult.
screenshot_20180821_113130.jpg

Ok anyway to do the calibration without opening up the unit? Am I voiding the warranty by opening it up?

Also thank you

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok anyway to do the calibration without opening up the unit? Am I voiding the warranty by opening it up?
Also thank you

1. I assume that you'r F/W have been upgraded to V8FW.H6A8VC.
  2. When the FWON command is executed, you can see the changes from the KHG's LCD screen.
  3. When "EMPTY" is displayed in the lower right corner of the screen, you can imagine that the green LED is off.
  4. When "-FULL-" is displayed in the lower right corner of the screen, you can imagine that the green LED is lit.
  5. But, when rotating against the clock, only 2.5 turns are required. The other process are the same.
  6. 2 - 3 turns actually all acceptable, 2 turn are the most sensitive, 3 turn are relatively dull, you can try it.
  7. I am not currently in the lab, but I think this alternative should be feasible.
  8. Don't worry about the warranty, my existence is the best warranty ^^ .

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. I assume that you'r F/W have been upgraded to V8FW.H6A8VC.
  2. When the FWON command is executed, you can see the changes from the KHG's LCD screen.
  3. When "EMPTY" is displayed in the lower right corner of the screen, you can imagine that the green LED is off.
  4. When "-FULL-" is displayed in the lower right corner of the screen, you can imagine that the green LED is lit.
  5. But, when rotating against the clock, only 2.5 turns are required. The other process are the same.
  6. 2 - 3 turns actually all acceptable, 2 turn are the most sensitive, 3 turn are relatively dull, you can try it.
  7. I am not currently in the lab, but I think this alternative should be feasible.
  8. Don't worry about the warranty, my existence is the best warranty ^^ .
When I get home I will get this done

Thank you for this

Reefdad68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to the PH probe please.....

This is the stated replacement listed on Coralvue’s website... listed as polycarbonate shell? Please see below

The current blue headed ph probe seems to be glass?

How can I get replacement parts for the KHG that are specifically for the KHG?

More than happy to buy directly if necessary.

Thank you

F668F3DE-6A4B-4B10-8141-DBBFD971DAF3.png

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to the PH probe please.....
This is the stated replacement listed on Coralvue’s website... listed as polycarbonate shell? Please see below
The current blue headed ph probe seems to be glass?
How can I get replacement parts for the KHG that are specifically for the KHG?
More than happy to buy directly if necessary.
Thank you

My friend,

Thanks for reminding me of this situation. I will ask about the actual situation of CV and reply to you in these two days.

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what PW_err is. i keep getting this on my guardian

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @DVC.

Is there a way to turn the clock on the guardian from army time to normal ?

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @DVC.
Is there a way to turn the clock on the guardian from army time to normal ?
  1. My friend, thank you so much for your suggestion.
  2. In order to achieve this function, software changes are very large, I will list him as one of the future improvement projects.
  3. This month I need to finish the secret weapon that will be launched soon. at the end of the month will be at the 2018 CIPS exhibition
  4. The video for the recalibrate level sensor has been re-edited, it does not need to disassemble the case, you only need to refer to the LCD status display for correction.

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why taking suggestion.

Can you please set it up so that we can run test from the actually lcd screen

Annoying to have to run back and forth to the tank and computer when executing test.

Thanks !!!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why taking suggestion.

Can you please set it up so that we can run test from the actually lcd screen

Annoying to have to run back and forth to the tank and computer when executing test.

Thanks !!!
press buttons two and three for three seconds

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back