KH Guardian: Automatic Alkalinity Controller- My Experiences

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to bite the bullet and order a KHG controller from Coralvue. I've decided that I wanted to share my experiences with you, my fellow reefers on Reef2Reef. Let me start out by saying I don't want this thread to turn into an argument about whether it is worth the money or not. Too me it is!!! (I will waste my money how I please, and you are welcome to do the same! ;))

I've never started a build thread on Reef2Reef, It's not my style, so I will do my best to integrate some info about my system to try and make up for that, but also to provide everyone with a guideline of how I choose to operate my reef.

First off, lets get to the goodies... here's the tank... It was started in late Feb 2016, so it's approaching it's one year birthday. We just won a battle with bryopsis (using fluconazole) so I filmed a short, shakey video to show the tank in it's now algae free state.

Now onto the other good stuff!

First off the KHG came today, and I nearly had a heart attack (I know I am not the only one). The box says the "standard edition"... I ordered the pro!!! OH NO!!! (Silent freak out). Called customer service and left a message. Then hopped on here and messaged the friendly folks at Coralvue, who promptly replied back that the manufacturer had put the wrong sleeves on the box and they were 100% sure it was the Pro unit... So I unwrapped it... opened the box... and indeed there was a card stating that the unit was indeed the pro model (WHEW... crisis/heart attack averted). Once again Coralvue, thank you for responding rapidly. Carlos at Coralvue called a short time later to respond to my message, I told him Chris had straightened me out and thanked him for calling me back so quick.

IMG_4219_zpsf5mvbz8v.jpg

IMG_4220_zpsri3fbk1s.jpg

So that's it for now. After receiving it I realized I need to upgrade my router desperately. Tomorrow I will be going to Best Buy and getting a new router and then running all the neccissarry infrastructure to install the KHG. I also need to pick some vessels for the reagent, the bicarbonate solution, and a waste container.

I will do my best to keep everyone updated on progress :)

Happy Reefing!!!

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ha, so that's what you had coming! I'm interested in how this works :)

Me too! I'm excited. We shall soon see if/how it works. I don't know what I am gonna do with myself if I don't have to babysit my alkalinity anymore. :D

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I'm a sucker for new gadgets.

Edit: just checked the price. :eek:
I hope it is all you want/need it to be.

Nothing wrong with following along and looking... everyone likes a spectacle! ;)

I promise I won't let it follow you home! :D

Pongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the first brand to market?

Should be an interesting journey.
I hope you have great success with it.

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much appreciate the review. A lot of people are very interested in this and I am sure that a real review will be helpful to many in their decision making process.

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yippee, I have been eager to see how these work. I suspect I will be buying one if the reviews are positive.

pictures and updates will be exciting.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back