OP
OP
gregcoyote

gregcoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The depth the probe sits at is critical. I push mine until it touches the bottom of the reaction vessel then lift it up a few cm.

ReefTeacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only the monitor version and I let my APEX do the controlling. I set mine up and guess I was lucky, it worked the first day. I have been using it for about 7 months and my KH is rock solid. If the APEX receives a signal below 7.3, Kalk is used in my ATO. If the signal is above 7.3, just RO water goes in. I do notice that the signal sent by the AIM is a little lower than the reading on the screen, but as long as it is consistent and stable I am OK with it. I am very happy with this purchase.

OP
OP
gregcoyote

gregcoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ph reads lower on the Guardian by about .5 points. But I’m told that doesn’t matter, it’s the low end that the titration depends on being right. You can go into “engineer mode” and adjust the current on the ph 7 levels, but I decided to not do that and everything works fine.

OP
OP
gregcoyote

gregcoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the top picture, where it showed I had a 8.1 ph, that was with a voltage adjustment to make it match my actual measured ph. It threw my KH calibration off as well a tiny bit. So I defaulted to the solution calibrations and now it shows a ph of 7.8, which is .5 lower than tank measurement. Have not gotten a good explanation as to why this is, but going with the standard settings seems to work.

OP
OP
gregcoyote

gregcoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unit ran for a few months then the stirring motor failed. Contacted Carlos at CoralVue and they agreed to replace the motor until I made the mistake of admitting I had bought a open box unit from a dealer on eBay. Now the motor is $100. The dealer contacted him and he agreed to send the original owner the part, two months ago. Still no part and the KH Guardian sits there dead.

Justgottadiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carlos is a scumbag that thinks his sh$& don’t stink and he can treat ppl however he wants to.
My unit has been chopped with a Samurai sword On Facebook to prove my point. I’ll NVR EVER EVER but SNYTJINH from coralvue again.

ReefTeacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks ago I started getting KS errors and no KH readings. I contacted Carlos, he asked for a video of the error being generated, and after viewing it, sent me an RMA. The KS motor and the level sensor were replaced with no charge (they were still under warrantee) and I had it back within a week. All is good now!

I understand having difficulty with a company, as I have sometimes had with Neptune. But in this case, CoralVue came through for me.

OP
OP
gregcoyote

gregcoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the “Guardian” from Hell. As a engineer I understand how the system works (or doesn’t work). Mine has been back three times, only to come back sporting AC_Error and others about 4 out of 5 samples. 4 different PH probes (one supplied free of charge from Carlos). Shipping is mounting up. New AC motor, weeks of bench testing. They just shipped me a replacement, but forgot to send the magic AC stirring pin. So I’m in my sixth month troubleshooting. I am persistent and refuse to give up (maybe a great failing of mine).

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back