KH Keeper plus

Darklad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To all KH keeper plus users, is it normal for new unit to result like the one I attached to this post
it's fluctuating so bad, no corals yet !

Kh.jpg

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had the anomalies in a while but when I first set it up the results were a little shaky. I found that my ph probe was a little to high and I also increased the mixing speed and it’s been rock solid since then. It seems that it’s quite sensitive to probe height and calibration.

OP
OP
Darklad

Darklad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had the anomalies in a while but when I first set it up the results were a little shaky. I found that my ph probe was a little to high and I also increased the mixing speed and it’s been rock solid since then. It seems that it’s quite sensitive to probe height and calibration.
How often you mix ? Do you use a stirrer?

OP
OP
Darklad

Darklad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shake my reagent every few days. I use the stirrer on high.
Here is what I just did, hooked up a stirrer I have and it going to run daily before each test for 2mins
is the prob hight ok in the vid ?

Attachments

• 20240226_000541.mp4
    3.7 MB

David_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recalibrate your PH probe I’m not seeing a diurnal swing. It’s also probably worthwhile to recalibrate the dose heads. You have to use a scale or it won’t work. The KH keeper is certainly more finicky than my Alkatronic but once I dialed it in it’s worked well.

Attachments

• IMG_0195.png
    IMG_0195.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
Darklad

Darklad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recalibrate your PH probe I’m not seeing a diurnal swing. It’s also probably worthwhile to recalibrate the dose heads. You have to use a scale or it won’t work. The KH keeper is certainly more finicky than my Alkatronic but once I dialed it in it’s worked well.
I have a reef factoy ph meter aka ph prob ^^ in my sump and both probs reads almost the same
all head probs are carefully calibrated not sure what is really wrong KH just jumped high in the test result

Attachments

• 20240225_130359.jpg
    20240225_130359.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 28
  • prob.jpg
    prob.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 33

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t tell probe height very well but it looks similar to mine. Mine tests 6 times a day so it’s storing up pretty often. I also have it set to return the sample so it always pulls fresh water by purging the intake line and drawing in new water for a test.

OP
OP
Darklad

Darklad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t tell probe height very well but it looks similar to mine. Mine tests 6 times a day so it’s storing up pretty often. I also have it set to return the sample so it always pulls fresh water by purging the intake line and drawing in new water for a test.
Mine return sample before each test then pull fresh sample then test.
I just set like you'rs and make it mix from medium to fast I will re test now and see the result

OP
OP
Darklad

Darklad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retest shows something is wrong with this device...

Attachments

• DKHplus.jpg
    DKHplus.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Darklad

Darklad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update
After zillions of re-calibrating tests etc I found out that top pump dose not function properly
and the red needle that dose regent is leaking. It is brand new device wich is not cheap... whould I recommend buying it ? ofc no. Reef Factory support so far offered me replacing the red needle only...
Khkeeper.jpg

Attachments

• 20240226_174820.mp4
    11.7 MB

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%

Back