kHD installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1. get it to read consistent
#2. STOP trying to get it to read the same as a Hanna. It doesn’t matter.

Once it’s reading consistent pick a setting and stick to it. The idea is to be create a stable steady environment for your corals.

For instance, I try to keep my Alk at 8.1 according to the KH Director. Stability is key.

What do you consider consistent with the KH? +/- .2? Just curious. Thanks!

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you consider consistent with the KH? +/- .2? Just curious. Thanks!
In my system I can achieve consistant back to back tests with zero changes in the readings. So if I start a test and get a 7.9 and 45 min later I run another test I will get a 7.8, 7.9 or 8.0 then I’m happy. I wasn’t getting this kind of consistency till I found the right place for my sample line to sit.

Also remember every time you move the line your first 1 or 2 tests will likely be odd. At least that’s what I had happen. Once I stopped screwing around things settled in. LOL

Also keep in mind newer tanks will fluctuate too.

kasso187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My intake like is accurate I just used 6ft piece of my silicone tubing I bought with inner ildiameter of 3.125mm. Added the 4.7" doser tube and 6.3" doser to khd. That's accurate. And added 7ml for filter It's in the calmest location I have. In skimmer section back behind my manifold pump down load. I don't know of a better place. Testing 8.2 right now. I drew water for Hanna test in same location as where it draws for kh. And got 7.6again. So right now. I'm definitely not happy with the $800 item. But again. I'll wait till the reference fluid comes in and I test the 7.5reference fluid

How accurate is the hannah? I have one and noticed +/- 1 dkh between different bottles of reagent. I hear the same thing from some of the Trident users. IMO, I don't think the hannah should be used as a gauge for these automated testers. I'm very curios what the reference fluid will show.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my system I can achieve consistant back to back tests with zero changes in the readings. So if I start a test and get a 7.9 and 45 min later I run another test I will get a 7.8, 7.9 or 8.0 then I’m happy. I wasn’t getting this kind of consistency till I found the right place for my sample line to sit.

Also remember every time you move the line your first 1 or 2 tests will likely be odd. At least that’s what I had happen. Once I stopped screwing around things settled in. LOL

Also keep in mind newer tanks will fluctuate too.

Moving forward I'm going to use my KH as the baseline and dose my nutrients accordingly and keep an eye on the tank. I'm going to have the doses very minimal at first. Hoping that all stays consistent. KH ran 3 tests overnight and they were all 7.4.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news. As I moved location of the sample draw. I also used the ghl silicone tubing they sent with it. Instead of the one I bought. Also with recalibration of reagent. I might have sorted it out. Today 7.8 kh director and 7.8 Hanna at 12pm.

I'm not trying to match the Hanna. My entire idea is I just want to know what is correct. Then ya stable is what I want.

For instance. If Hanna was right. I'd change kh to be closer to that. If kh is good then good. I can go off that. I bought reference solution to do this. Just working on keeping stable 7.5.

7.5 to 8. Consistent won't matter as u all yell at me saying stability is key no matter the number.

I know. I'm just wanting to know at 7.5dkh what is the reading show. So I can change the difference. And now that I think I got it dialed in. The reference solution is going to lock it down.

I don't have to dose yet as not much coral yet in 120 gallons of water. But I fully intend it to auto change my dose once I have a good amount of ALK and CA to dose.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 48 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 54 54.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.0%
Back