Kick rocks: What do you use for aquascaping other than rocks?

What have you used for aquascaping other than rocks?

• 3D printed aquascape

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Driftwood

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Frag racks

Votes: 44 28.9%
  • Macroalgae

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • PVC

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • Resin or other man-made decorations

Votes: 35 23.0%
  • Other

Votes: 47 30.9%

• Total voters

Alcoholik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kick rocks: Czego używasz do aquascapingu poza kamieniami?

Zwykle, gdy mówimy o aquascapingu, tak naprawdę oznacza to „jak umieścić kamienie w moim zbiorniku?” Rozumiem. Jest to ważny fundament dla twoich koralowców, a skały zapewniają wiele innych korzyści, ale czy rozmowa o aquascapingu to coś więcej? Czego jeszcze używałeś do aquascapingu w swoim zbiorniku lub czego używali inni? Udało się czy była to porażka? Czy wpadłeś na ciekawy pomysł na aquascaping, którego jeszcze nie wypróbowałeś? Być może nachylałeś piasek, kreatywnie wykorzystywałeś stojaki na odłamki lub aquascaperowałeś tylko z koralowcami. Opowiedz nam o swoich doświadczeniach z aquascaping poza skałami i podziel się swoimi wskazówkami!

Fragtory_FragRack.jpeg

Niestandardowy stojak na frag DIY; Zdjęcie autorstwa @Fragtory
Osobiście staram się wykorzystywać naturalne skały

Translation:
Personally, I try to use natural rocks

20230210_160324.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Crispy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my scape is from rock and coral skeletons from a 110g I had 30 something years ago- blue ridge, red pipe organ and some large pieces of rock- coralline is slow to grow on the blue ridge and it's the only rock that hair algae grows on- along with the powerheads

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass bottles! @Paul B gave me the idea with his reef (I think he's at 9-10 bottles now), so I tried my hand at it and I absolutely love the look.
IMG_0535.JPG
IMG_0534.JPG

Here's my waiting list of bottles to turn into reef bottles, I've got ideas for each one.
IMG_0533.JPG

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly just the real deal. 95% Hawaiin, Marshall and Fiji (had for years) with some added man made live cured rock stacked the old school way with no need for supports. Of course I have not tried building any arches or other wild designs. Now I do like the oceans wonders purple frag rocks. I bought a couple off Amazon to easily create some zoa and shroom colonies on the sand bed w/o the need for glue. They blend in pretty well until coralline takes over and the polyps encrust.

ow1.jpg

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where did you get this??

The image source is listed under the picture, but I'm not sure about the origin of the frag stand. I believe that @vetteguy53081 has used something similar and may be able to share where he found his stands.

bertshaft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used cigarette filters and superglue to hold mine together. Also drilled out more holes , caves if needed . Also glued sand on the joints to hide the connections . I like the idea of shell’s in the floor . Would look a bit like my lake tanganyika tank then .

coco.puff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used acrylic rods that were attached to acrylic strips on the bottom of my tank. I cut "teeth" in the rods so that the rocks would not slide around (I had an engineer goby that constantly redecorated).

Attachments

• UNI_0193.JPG
    UNI_0193.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 56

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Attachments

• 660g 3.30e.jpg
    660g 3.30e.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 87

Diastro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved using driftwood. Always tons of plants and now in the Salty side of things using Macro in the DT. Have also tried artificial coral but never quite liked that look and also pvc integrated in the rock for support.
I would love to see your tank. Driftwood is a rare occurrence on the salt side. I love it though.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back