Killer pistol shrimp?

CCMoto

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2019
Messages
187
Reaction score
207
Location
Willmar
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a pretty decent sized pistol shrimp paired up with a goby and all has been good...other than knowing exactly where they burrow cause of the pile of sand that hides them lol. But I got an emerald crab along with a few other additions today. Just an hr after adding them I found the corpse of the emerald crab right on the side of the opening of the burrow and missing a claw and a few legs.

Not sure if the shrimp did this or what...any ideas?
 
Pistol shrimp will attack anything invading its den. I’m convinced it killed a peppermint shrimp in my fluval evo.
 
Pistols are pretty bad a**. One could kill an emerald, but I doubt one would go after an emerald.
I agree with what @Derrick0580 said, pistols will defend their territory pretty viciously.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new