Killing stuff with lasers

  • Thread starter Thread starter specialk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Check out the website at HTPOW they say they have up to 30000mw. One thing I noticed about this website is some of their laser are marketed at 10000mw, but in the description it state 10000mw is the marking power, actual power is 1500mw. I'm just a little worried because this website seems like the one I bought my first laser from.

Were you able to focus the laser you bought from them or are you using one with different head attachments.
My friend ... trust me.

Go back and re-read this entire thread I started. I detailed the process, messing with other companies, and this companies customer service, the confusion and uncertainty of the wattage, everything. I would not steer another reefer wrong ...

Go to that link and grab the one that is listed there .. you will not be dissapointed. Otherwise, if you want to do it on your own have at it by all means .. but it is a big risk and theres a good chance you wont get the strength that you had expected.
 
My friend ... trust me.

Go back and re-read this entire thread I started. I detailed the process, messing with other companies, and this companies customer service, the confusion and uncertainty of the wattage, everything. I would not steer another reefer wrong ...

Go to that link and grab the one that is listed there .. you will not be dissapointed. Otherwise, if you want to do it on your own have at it by all means .. but it is a big risk and theres a good chance you wont get the strength that you had expected.
lol you sold
 
I Found one in my tank and would prefer to kill it with a laser if they work. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with this method and if possible to point me in the direction to buy a laser that would work for this.

Thank you for any help!
I gave the laser a try back a few years ago. I bought a laser that was supposed to be a 5 watts. At the time it was supposed to be a top of the line unit. I found that it would melt aiptasias that were within about 6" from the front of the tank. While it did melt them, it wasn't a instantaneous zap. It took several seconds. And if you looked close enough you could see material floating off in the water, like bits of the aiptasia. Seems like everytime I would melt one, 6 more would pop up elsewhere.
And don't forget about batteries. The batteries available for these needed to be recharged with very little use.
I found that for the several hundred bucks I spent, they were a waste of time and money.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new