Klir automatic filter roller

funkychunks88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers! What has your experience been with the Klir Automatic Filter Roller?

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a pair of Di-4 for about three years now. Clean the sensor occasionally or it will just advance a whole roll if you leave the sensor to accumulate junk for a few months. Beyond that, great units. I had them set up on a reef, then freshwater, and then reef again now and they work in either. The drop in, either water type, and open box costs are the upsides to these filters. Red Sea allows more flow, larger roll, and the app which are great but come at a price and requires sump mods for most of us. If Red Sea ever changed their sensor to work for FW, I would go with that unit over the Klir, but until then Klir is running like a champ for me.

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard the V2 with the upgraded motors are a big improvement to the originals. Frankly, I never had problems with my DI-4 that I ran on my old tank for roughly a year. I plan on upgrading my tank to a 120 or 150 gallon and I would get another and integrate it with my Hydros.

Dan Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What improvements did you hear? I have the DI-4 and works fine but if there’s any improvement that makes sense I would switch.

OP
OP
funkychunks88

funkychunks88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having issues with the roll letting water in through the sides and not polishing the water as well as a filter sock.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back