Klir DI-4 problem advancing fleece

Joeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the recent discounts on the Klir roller filters I thought I'd toss this out to see if any other new owners are having trouble with the roller advancing. Mine operated flawlessly for a few weeks and now it's just not able to spool up the fleece which results in the blinking red light that I then have to unplug to reset. All that I had to do is slightly push on the fleece and push the button to have it start working again until the fleece becomes blocked and it fails again.

I've confirmed via the product video that I have everything routed correctly and there is no binding. It also appears that mine has the newer 11rpm motor. The amount of pressure I need to apply to the fleece to get it working again is so little that I'm just stumped why the motor can't seem to rotate. I thought it might have something to do with the roll so I changed that out without success also.

I enjoyed a few good weeks of not cleaning socks but for the moment it seems like I've traded it for something else I don't enjoy doing.

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the plastic roller spool stripped? It's just a half moon key. If you ever manually rotated it, it's possible it was damaged. Just a shot...

OP
OP
J

Joeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Rob.bucek - Good thought but it's in there snug and pulls just fine once I release the slightest bit of tension.

I'm really stumped by this. If it was facing even the slightest amount of resistance I'd assume it's just a routing problem but all that's needed after a reset is to push the fleece inward maybe 1/2" to create some slack and then it will operate fine via a manual push of the button. Very strange.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Rob.bucek - Good thought but it's in there snug and pulls just fine once I release the slightest bit of tension.

I'm really stumped by this. If it was facing even the slightest amount of resistance I'd assume it's just a routing problem but all that's needed after a reset is to push the fleece inward maybe 1/2" to create some slack and then it will operate fine via a manual push of the button. Very strange.
Reach out to tech support. I had a similar situation and after a few pix they sent me a new motor. It’s apparently stronger.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently not. But all good. They sent the new one no charge, etc
Lol awesome, I was gonna ask about that but you mentioned you had it originally lol. Glad you got it sorted out. I do like their customer service. To date is all been good for me so far.

Cmooreinor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they will send you the newer motor. Their support is awesome! Love the Klir! I also made a magnetic mount for the optical sensor so I could raise a bit to allow more time to pass before the fleece advanced.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back