Klir Filter Review.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one that does function with the alarm acts with a constant beep if the roller is stuck and the sensor is covered with water. The one that does not perform the alarm sounds will also like your, have the constant blue and red LEDs lighted even if the roller is stuck and the water level is over the sensor level.
What puzzles me is that even if you had one motor stuck due to a snail and your controller is like one of mine, the other motor still should turn and relieve the rising water.
Try this, change out the controller since you have another from the two units that is not being used for the tandem setup.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one that does function with the alarm acts with a constant beep if the roller is stuck and the sensor is covered with water. The one that does not perform the alarm sounds will also like your, have the constant blue and red LEDs lighted even if the roller is stuck and the water level is over the sensor level.
What puzzles me is that even if you had one motor stuck due to a snail and your controller is like one of mine, the other motor still should turn and relieve the rising water.
Try this, change out the controller since you have another from the two units that is not being used for the tandem setup.
Yes, the motors only turn when you press the reset via on their own. That’s what I was going to do next, change out with the other controller. When the snail got stuck, it didn’t actually do anything to the motor. The motor kept turning the roll, it just started bunching up and tearing further down. But correct, even with the water covering the sensor there is no alarm.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah swapping out controllers I think is best.
Also salt residue builds on on sensors so wipe them clean.
This hasn’t happened to me yet so it’s interesting to see how it gets fixed.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah swapping out controllers I think is best.
Also salt residue builds on on sensors so wipe them clean.
This hasn’t happened to me yet so it’s interesting to see how it gets fixed.
I just changed out the controller, plugged everything back up and powered it on. It instantly detected water over the sensor and rotated. So it was the controller, but going bad in just a few days? Seems odd.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, I've seen complaints that the controllers were bad out of the box or went bad shortly. Go to the CV website and open up a ticket to get the controller replaced. I've had enough parts replaced on my first unit that they were better off just sending me a new unit in hindsight.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, I've seen complaints that the controllers were bad out of the box or went bad shortly. Go to the CV website and open up a ticket to get the controller replaced. I've had enough parts replaced on my first unit that they were better off just sending me a new unit in hindsight.
I just changed out the controller, it worked for a couple turns now the second controller isn’t working.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Befuddled!
Maybe it's the wall wart not supplying enough current to advance 2 motors?
Just a shot in the dark here but definitely contact CV and see what Carlos says. They use a dual motor setup on their installation video and might know what the problem might be.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the meantime, you can take out the known constants and swap out the optical sensor and wall wart just to cover all the basis.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So fun facts.... I removed the Y cable and plugged both units into their own controllers. Then turned one off at a time and let the water it the sensor. Each unit worked independently. So... @pecan2phat like you said, maybe the power supply does not have the power to run both unit. But on the other hand, why did it work for a day in tandem and then just stop. Very weird. I have a ticket in with CV, so I will let you guys know what I get back from them.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah let us know. Mine works well either in tandem or alone. Curious to see what you find out. And I have two Di7s like you do

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto here since I might shut down one of the smaller tanks and add the 2nd unit to run tandem with the other roller mat.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CV stated it is a bad “Y” cable and is shipping a new one. We will see if that’s the problem. As of right now I am running each filter independent for 12 hours to try and get as equal use out of each roll as possible.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do have awesome CS, unfortunately with the holidays i am still waiting on the new cable. It will be here tomorrow. On a side note, are any of you running a Neptune ATK? It’s not a huge deal because I know why I get the alarm. Obviously once the water level gets to high and it rotates, the level in the return chamber gets high and goes over my top sensor on my ATO. So I get a nice little alarm saying the water level is high. I was just curious if anyone was able to think outside the box for a resolution. If not totally cool. The Apex is doing exactly what it’s suppose to and so is the Klir(other than running tandem) lol.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have an ATKv2. I just got rid of my high alarm and am trusting on the second optical sensor and float valve as failsafes. I did it for your mentioned reason and also because I shut flow off the tank to feed and of course for maintenance. And I was getting annoyed of alarm after alarm even though I knew nothing was wrong.

you could also keep your alarm and add a defer time of a few minutes or an hour if your adamant about keeping that alarm.
Does that make sense?

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have an ATKv2. I just got rid of my high alarm and am trusting on the second optical sensor and float valve as failsafes. I did it for your mentioned reason and also because I shut flow off the tank to feed and of course for maintenance. And I was getting annoyed of alarm after alarm even though I knew nothing was wrong.

you could also keep your alarm and add a defer time of a few minutes or an hour if your adamant about keeping that alarm.
Does that make sense?
A defer statement, of course! Duh.. It doesn’t stay over the sensor too long so a defer statement would work perfect.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, as promised here is an update on receiving the new “Y” cable. It’s been in for since Monday and I am very pleased to report that it is working in tandem as purposed with zero issues. I have been very pleased with these Klirs. Still sticking my head in the cabinet everyday though. But it’s not for filter socks, it’s plucking these pesky little snails out of the chamber so they do not destroy the fleece again. Everything is working as it should. I would like to thank all of you that have assisted with input and information regarding this product. You guys have been great and I really appreciate it!

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a while since I’ve checked in. Ever since I received the reinforced spindles I haven’t had one single issue love my Di7s!

hows everyone else doing?

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a while since I’ve checked in. Ever since I received the reinforced spindles I haven’t had one single issue love my Di7s!

hows everyone else doing?
My dual Di-4’s are working awesome! Just replaced both rolls for the first time last week. So happy I decided to give them a try.

manohack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
I spend hours reading this posts and now I’m going to get Di-7 for my sump
So I have some questions before I pull the trigger:
Do they all have up to date motor in the DI-7 now?
All the online store like marindepot, brs have the new updated product so I can order without get new replacement motor from CV?
TIA

Back