Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
I spend hours reading this posts and now I’m going to get Di-7 for my sump
So I have some questions before I pull the trigger:
Do they all have up to date motor in the DI-7 now?
All the online store like marindepot, brs have the new updated product so I can order without get new replacement motor from CV?
TIA

kennytze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a Klir-7 from BRS 3/26/2020 and it had the old motor and old drive spindle. Luck of the draw I guess.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a PIA when one still gets old product even though it's been 6~9 months since the revisions. Only goes to show you that the product is not moving like gang busters off the retailer's shelves.

kennytze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to follow up on my post. I sent a E-mail to Coralvue support on Saturday at10:30am letting them no I received an old motor. I received a e-mail from Carlos at 7:30 that evening asking for picture of motor and copy of Receipt from BRS. I sent needed paperwork in at 1:26 pm today and received E-mail at 5:55pm from Carlos that they will send me a new unit. Considering this was done on a weekend with all that is going on in the world right now blows my mind. Thank you Coralvue.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they will send you a new motor, even a new frame assembly if you have the old one but it's just a PIA since they failed to correct any of the units that are out there by giving retailers the upgraded parts. They are depending on the end user to be knowledgable of the changes and faults before supplying the upgraded parts.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get you’re frustrated brother. But you’re making a very bold assumption.
And changing the frame or motor literally takes a couple of minutes. In my eyes I appreciated the fact that multiple times without question they shipped me a replacement if needed.
Product isn’t perfect but they’re working on it. And CS is much better than large retailers so let’s not be so bitter!

The Last Strider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my DI-7 installed for about a week now. No issues with the motor but here is my concern, although it's supposed to be rated for 1800 gph I find myself having to turn my return pump to its lowest level. Otherwise the klir will keep rotating the roll every 6 or 7 minutes. This seems like such a waste because as I look at the used roll it seems barely dingy. Is anyone else having a similar problem? I'm running a vectra l2 with 190 gallons total volume.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried raising the sensor as high as you possibly can?

I definitely don’t have that problem.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a Klir-7 from BRS 3/26/2020 and it had the old motor and old drive spindle. Luck of the draw I guess.

Bummer! I just revisited this thread today and was about to offer some assistnacel... but I saw you already posted an update below. Yay!

It's a PIA when one still gets old product even though it's been 6~9 months since the revisions. Only goes to show you that the product is not moving like gang busters off the retailer's shelves.

It is difficult for a product to overcome negative stigma when early reviews are unfavorable. But the most recent reviews are much more positive:
Just wanted to follow up on my post. I sent a E-mail to Coralvue support on Saturday at10:30am letting them no I received an old motor. I received a e-mail from Carlos at 7:30 that evening asking for picture of motor and copy of Receipt from BRS. I sent needed paperwork in at 1:26 pm today and received E-mail at 5:55pm from Carlos that they will send me a new unit. Considering this was done on a weekend with all that is going on in the world right now blows my mind. Thank you Coralvue.

@Carlos@CoralVue is the best!

I've had my DI-7 installed for about a week now. No issues with the motor but here is my concern, although it's supposed to be rated for 1800 gph I find myself having to turn my return pump to its lowest level. Otherwise the klir will keep rotating the roll every 6 or 7 minutes. This seems like such a waste because as I look at the used roll it seems barely dingy. Is anyone else having a similar problem? I'm running a vectra l2 with 190 gallons total volume.

Sorry for the trouble! Please let us help you troubleshoot: [email protected]. You'll receive a response back today. You are welcome to mention this thread and that I referred you. You can even cc on you email so I can follow your ticket.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A picture is worth more than a rant or rave IMO.
This is 6 days of detritus buildup from water escaping from the sides of the cages.
IMG_4732.JPG
IMG_9094.JPG

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What he said ^^^

I have about that and it’s been close to a year.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally there would be a skimmer in that compartment so the detritus would not settle but it just goes to show how much is bypassing the fleece roll. A redesign of the cage would fix the issue IMO.

Mattgee87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep the cage design allows all kinds of garbage to bypass the filter. I have also noticed that if your snails have babies , it will rip the fleece and never roll being there is a giant hole in the fleece now. I keep my for uses on trips but other than that I'm back to running socks.

jcl123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I really want one of these, and I will read through all 15 pages of this thread.

Question, can someone (especially CoralVue) post detailed accurate dimensions? Preferably of the 7" model including with the stand. I have looked at three different websites for this product, and each one had different (but similar) dimensions.

I am just going to buy a small acrylic tank to put it in, but I want to get one large enough for two side-by-side, and then just join it to my sump.

I have 29.5" of clearance under my stand, should be OK but I want to account for everything here before I buy it.

Thanks much

-JCL

Dsantamaria29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, just ordered one from BRS and found to have gotten the weaker motor and older edged bottom. Contacted CS and received an email that they will send me a new motor.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Klir Di-4 unit can handle flows up to 750 GPH. The Klir Di-7 can handle flow up to 1800 GPH.

So if you have a sump that holds two filter socks but you are only moving 600gph, you technically only need one Klir filter. You can then install a diverter cap, which is sold separately, on the open filter sock holder to either close or reduce the flow that will bypass the Klir filter.

On the other hand, if you have the same sump and you are moving 1000 gph, you will need to run two Klir fiters in a master/slave setting where both Klir filter motors are connected to a single controller with a single sensor. SOURCE

Jeff@CoralVue this seems confusing. It never explicitly states which version is being run, is it assumed to be the Klir Di-4? I'm strongly considering one of these (even after this thread haha) and wondering if one Di-7 will handle the flow for my 180 gal tank.

Dsantamaria29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff@CoralVue this seems confusing. It never explicitly states which version is being run, is it assumed to be the Klir Di-4? I'm strongly considering one of these (even after this thread haha) and wondering if one Di-7 will handle the flow for my 180 gal tank.

I just put a DI-7 on my waterbox 220.6 (roughly 210 total gallons). I did have to cut the turnover into my sump down as the DI-7 takes a max of ~1800 GPH. If you wanted to run more though your sump I suppose you could add a second DI-7 which would allow you to run ~3600 gph.

I put mine in last week and have had no issues. I did get the old motor with mine however I emailed coralvue CS and the promptly sent a new motor. I will say it is so nice not having to change the filter socks every2-3 days

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back