Klir Filter Roller Extension Cables

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone extended the motor and water level sensor? I am mounting the controller in my control cabinet, but need longer cables so that I can still pull the filter out of my sump if needed.

They look like pretty standard dc and 3.5mm headphone jack. Could I just buy generic extensions?

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there, I am sorry it took so long to get you a response. Although not many people know about this product specifically here, I suggest sending an email to the manufacturer to learn what their recommended maximum length is. Being an electrician myself, I can at least tell you that you wouldn't suffer a voltage drop over a distance of 10 feet. You could either find a similar cable or even get fancy and cut the cable in half, strip back the wires, solder in an extension and be done with it. This method though would require you to have some electrical know how. You could fry your unit if you accidentally cross the wire so use extreme caution if you plan to go this route.

OP
OP
bluerider098

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there, I am sorry it took so long to get you a response. Although not many people know about this product specifically here, I suggest sending an email to the manufacturer to learn what their recommended maximum length is. Being an electrician myself, I can at least tell you that you wouldn't suffer a voltage drop over a distance of 10 feet. You could either find a similar cable or even get fancy and cut the cable in half, strip back the wires, solder in an extension and be done with it. This method though would require you to have some electrical know how. You could fry your unit if you accidentally cross the wire so use extreme caution if you plan to go this route.
Thanks for the response, it's really appreciated. I measured the cables and ordered some generic extensions on Amazon. I will let you know if they work.

I did try contacting the manufacturer and unfortunately they were not much help. They said that they didn't manufacture the cables so they couldn't tell me anything about them. Lol. Probably need to talk with engineering and not customer service.

If the extensions don't work I will cut and extend the cables like you have suggested.

OP
OP
bluerider098

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the cables today and I am pleased to say they worked. The nose on the power cable was a little longer, but it didn't seem to affect anything.

Here are the cables I bought in case anyone else needs to do the same thing.

Back