Knockoff eb-8????

Vwfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just like almost every thing in this hobbie and day and age,our over sea Freinds seem to knockoff all the good products and make and sell them for half of the oringal !
Anyway to my point I was looking around for a way to mAke a diy apex eb-8 and on my surch I found things close to it but not it!
I found 8 relay usb controled boards but don't think the interface will work with apex!would realy love to figure this out if anyone else could help or has any othe input or links ,please share

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 231

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why on earth would you even consider using a knock off component in an extremely complex system like an Apex? There is no way that I would ever trust a knock off like that.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like Russ said, apex uses aquabus cable(usb-a), not a standard usb cable. I would advise against using the posted relay board.

OP
OP
Vwfan

Vwfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right now I'm just coming up with an idea I figured since they remake the light ,The pump and everything else that they would knock off theses also!

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, this is by no means an EB8 knock-off. You'd still have to provide a circuit breaker, power cord or DC power supply, outlets, all the wiring, etc. just to use it with a USB connection to a computer. Boards like this have been around for a long time for DIY hobbyists and are used for automation, robotics and much more. The key thing to using a board like this is that the provided software is usually minimally functional... it's more of an simple example of what can be done. Few will actually use it. Most people who buy and use products like this will write their own software. An API and code examples are usually available for download.

Back