Knop C calcium reactor

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old model but does anyone know where to find directions for it? I looking at one possible for my 150g tank. I know nothing about calcium reactors so I don’t how to set one up and need the directions. Thanks

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solid, old reactor. I used one until a month, or so, ago.

The seals might leak from the age, so test it out. I had to replace a few O rings and reseal some of the fittings. No big deal.

I set one up in my linked $1000 tank. There are some photos if you click my signature. This model will feed it's self and does not need a feed pump (but you can use one), but you need to fill the chamber up with water to prime if you want it to feed it's self. In the photos, red is input, black from the top is output to the tank and co2 goes into the bubble counter and into the side of the tube.

I would use larger media since these can clog since they are not reverse flow.

It might be too small for a 150g tank, but it might work if you have low demand. I used it on a 60 cube and near the end when demand was high, I was replacing the media every 6-8 weeks.

OP
OP
bkhunt

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I am looking at it correctly there is no spot for a ph probe. How do you monitor your ph? I am not a gadget guy. I don’t have any apex or hydro on my tank?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't. I would not even with a reactor that had room for a pH probe. I only care about effluent dKh and not at all about pH.

OP
OP
bkhunt

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok - all the videos and research I have been doing all the reactors have ph probes to monitor the effluent ph. So basically you just adjust this unit to drip enough to get the dKh you want?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a paper in my signature with a lot of my CaRx thoughts about tuning.

Skip the videos... especially the one where the dude tells you to throw away your CaRx instructions. BRS videos mostly want you to buy more stuff too. Learn to tune the thing... it seems like it is hard at first, but then you just get it and you can usually look at it and tell if it is OK, or not.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back