Koji Wada Pink Nephthea?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sam7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
It’s a unique softy.
Under my blue lights it looks purple.
Under white lights it’s pink.
It’s a slow grower and shrinks up at night.
It’s not for everybody due to the price and challenge, but it is unique.
For many hobbyists they are better off buying colorful zoas when considering the cost.
 
I think they are great especially for people that don’t keep their tanks in windex blue. They seem pretty sensitive to tank position, I haven’t determined if it’s flow or light that they are sensitive to but in certain parts of my tank they shrivel up to a nub and others they extend and look tree like
 
I think they are great especially for people that don’t keep their tanks in windex blue. They seem pretty sensitive to tank position, I haven’t determined if it’s flow or light that they are sensitive to but in certain parts of my tank they shrivel up to a nub and others they extend and look tree like
The first one I bought from Unique Corals did well on my frag rack in an SPS dominant tank. I used to think they need SPS type parameters b/c it really opened up in that tank. When I mounted the coral on my rock within a minute my Powder Blue tang ate it. It happened so fast, it was shocking

I bought another one from Corals Anonymous. I put it on my frag rack and it floated off over night. They were terrific and replaced it, but I had to pay shipping again. That coral is in my softy tank which runs higher nitrates. It is still on my frag rack with some other special pieces. It looks great, but is a slow grower compared to my Palau Green Nepthea. It will be a long time b4 it becomes a decent size coral. So many soft corals, other than zoas, are green, brown or tan, so this piece is special adding color to the tank.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new