I had one before that was growing great until I began fighting gha in the tank and went crazy and tore down rock and all kinds of movement and changes. I think I lost it in all that mess.
Now, I have another and it was not doing well in my main system, but again, I was doing all kinds of changes. When will I learn?
Anyway, I took the stump that was left and put in my qt tank. Figured could not hurt to try to get it to recover. Over the last few months, it went from a nub to a nub with lots of tiny polyps and a hint of maybe stems growing. So, I am hopeful it will recover. And since I am don messing in my tank, I will move it when it gets larger. In my 210g, it is a bit small to see as a nub. :)
My last corals purchases will be the lemonade stereonepthea and maybe another stereonepthia. Then, all done and watch them grow.
Old one thriving...