Kole Tang with white patch

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZaphodBB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ZaphodBB

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2025
Messages
23
Reaction score
7
Location
Ottawa
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a Kole Tang that's been very healthy in the tank for a year and a half or so. Today I notice he has a large white patch on one side.

He's still eating, but is less bold than he normally is (he's usually the dominate fish in the tank).

No additional white smaller spots.

All other fish are healthy, and robust except the engineer goby was a bit more reserved at feeding..
But sometimes he just does that so that's not necessarily a good indicator.

20260626_124050.jpg
 
Hello,

I have a Kole Tang that's been very healthy in the tank for a year and a half or so. Today I notice he has a large white patch on one side.

He's still eating, but is less bold than he normally is (he's usually the dominate fish in the tank).

No additional white smaller spots.

All other fish are healthy, and robust except the engineer goby was a bit more reserved at feeding..
But sometimes he just does that so that's not necessarily a good indicator.

20260626_124050.jpg
This may be the result of injury or tail strike if another tang is present
Should heal on its own but keep an eye to assure it is healing
 
This may be the result of injury or tail strike if another tang is present
Should heal on its own but keep an eye to assure it is healing
Ok thanks I was hoping it was something physical.

No other tang present, but he and the royal gramma and starry blenny sometimes get into mild spats. Nobody else in the tank bothers the tang though.
 
Hello,

I have a Kole Tang that's been very healthy in the tank for a year and a half or so. Today I notice he has a large white patch on one side.

He's still eating, but is less bold than he normally is (he's usually the dominate fish in the tank).

No additional white smaller spots.

All other fish are healthy, and robust except the engineer goby was a bit more reserved at feeding..
But sometimes he just does that so that's not necessarily a good indicator.

20260626_124050.jpg

Unless you’ve recently added some new animals that could have brought a disease in, I agree this looks like a physical scrape.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new