Kole Tang

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I do thank u for ur time and ur knowledge I'm hopeing Kole can stick around till my humble fish arrives back so I will be working till Aprox 2 am what should I do when I get home anything? And if I don't do anything tonight what should I do tom?

I hate that I haven't been much use to you. Until we hear something different, I'd keep doing what your doing. He hasn't gotten worse with this course of treatment, so just keep it up and do the water changes as directed by packages.

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate that I haven't been much use to you. Until we hear something different, I'd keep doing what your doing. He hasn't gotten worse with this course of treatment, so just keep it up and do the water changes as directed by packages.
U have done plenty u answered that's more then half the people who looked at this tread did. U have helped me figure out it is not in fact velvet. I just wish there was like a test swab the fishes skin drop some magic fluid onto it and it tells u what it has. This unknown is killing me and watching Kole swim like this is very saddening. @melypr1985 What do u know about a swimming bladder problem? At least that's what I think they called it

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do u know about a swimming bladder problem? At least that's what I think they called it

Typically with a swimbladder issue they will have a hard time keeping themselves upright and often floating upside down. It's a problem with some deep water species that aren't properly decompressed when they are brought to the surface. I dont think that's the problem.

Wait. Have you seen him poop at all?

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say that I have and I don't know if he has pooped in the ten gallon tank when I'm not there because the bottom of the tank has some left over food. When he was in the display tank he always pooped tho front left corner

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say that I have and I don't know if he has pooped in the ten gallon tank when I'm not there because the bottom of the tank has some left over food. When he was in the display tank he always pooped tho front left corner

Can you say if he has pooped since he started this behavior? Or even right before and what the poop looked like? Brown or white? Or nothing at all?

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havnt seen it at all. When he did poop tho it was white but that was about four days before this all happened. But not white stringy poop like a parasite just a myst

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my observation poop is usually green to a brownish color. I wonder if this isnt bacterial. Any clearer pics? More whites? Closer? It could be an internal parasite. @Humblefish

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've experimented with using metro to treat velvet and while it did seem to slow down the progression of the disease, the fish always ultimately died. :( However, I don't know if food soaking metro would do the same. But it might explain how the fish is "living with velvet" - how long ago did you food soak metro?

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah not right now on the pics I'm at work future wife is sleeping. And I'm guessing the white was like a fast water motion like white bubblyish color that's when I knew he pooped in the front left corner always. I will be able to post some at 330 am eastern time tho. And thanks everyone

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've experimented with using metro to treat velvet and while it did seem to slow down the progression of the disease, the fish always ultimately died. :( However, I don't know if food soaking metro would do the same. But it might explain how the fish is "living with velvet" - how long ago did you food soak metro?
Friday Saturday and today but I don't know if he actually are any of it

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what dose were u using? Twilliard has made a thread against dinos using metro. The reason i bring it up is that he has used i wanna say up to 220 mg per 10 gallons and no loss and this is in a reef tank. I have dosed 155mg per 10 gallons with not a single ill effect.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what dose were u using? Twilliard has made a thread against dinos using metro. The reason i bring it up is that he has used i wanna say up to 220 mg per 10 gallons and no loss and this is in a reef tank. I have dosed 155mg per 10 gallons with not a single ill effect.

I was dosing 25mg/gal daily - so 250mg per 10 gallons. But the problem with metro is it doesn't last long in water, so there will be gaps in treatment before you can dose again.

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did what the label said to do.
http://www.seachem.com/metroplex.php

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed there it last about 24 hours give or take
Well I dosed it Aprox 24 hours apart every time around 1:30 pm. One of the medicines I have says to only use for three days then to stop I beleive that is the kanna plex. @Humblefish do u honestly beleive it is velvet? Take out the fact that it is running rampant out west and it's the first thing that would pop into ur mind. Now that u have done that do u still think it's velvet with none of my other fish showing any signs of a problem and having this fish for two months with no prior problems at all.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet could have come in on a snail or crab or possibly even coral. Any new additions? Ich could come in the same way. Velvet may now show signs right off the bat but can spread rapidly. Id be keeping an eye on all fish whether its velvet or ich because it can spread. Both lay eggs. Which is why we do a 72 day minimum fallow period

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back