Korallen-Zucht Coral Snow question

  • Thread starter Thread starter drukkosz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

drukkosz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
341
Reaction score
400
Location
Twinsburg
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BRS,

I enjoy watching your videos and have been a customer for years.

I have been using Coral Snow for few years now. Originally, I used it daily to fight a vermetid snail infestation in my tank and it worked like a charge! (I had millions of them--even my snails grew them on their shells). Now, I use it once a week, and can see how much gunk it pulls up in my skimmer cup, so I believe in its efficiency.

Anyway my question is:

Can dosing Coral Snow eliminate the need of using carbon? If so, how often should it be added?

Like most of the reefers here, I hate changing carbon in my reactor.

Please let me know at your convenience.

Thank you!
 
That's a really interesting question. We had a little back and forth conversation between myself, Randy, Ryan, and Robert this morning about your question and unfortunately, I'm not sure we came up with any definitive answers. That said, I think Ryan said it best, so I'll copy what he said here too.

"I think it may share some net results as carbon but not all of them and works on a difference mechanism. If I could use only one or the other it would be carbon because the mechanism behind how it works is more fully understood."

I'd say that until we can dive a little deeper into this subject in terms of actually testing it out, I'd have to agree. BUT, reefing is always changing, so who knows what we as a group of hobbyists may discover in the future!
 
Appreciate you guys taking your time :) Like I mentioned earlier after dosing coral snow I can defiantly see lots of yellowish\brown gunk in my skimmer cup so it must be doing something......
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new