Kraks?

JustSomeGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I originally bought speckled kraks from someone on here that my astrea stars thought was a delicious treat so I ended up buying another pair of them and now that they have been opened up and coloring back up they look nothing like the speckled kraks I was replacing. 1st picture is of the polyps in question, on my phone color matches great for some reason on computer monitors the colors dull out but I'm pretty sure still gets the point across.
2nd is the first frag of speckled kraks I got from the same seller.

7425ff21c38113428ae80fc48ddff4be.jpg
f3c5a0734f0129cf2bb626abc5d3a3b5.jpg

OP
OP
JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the prior lighting was t5 with reefbrites. My lighting is xr30 with t5
The original frag I got was a lot more faded looking but the speckles were more like every other speckled krak I found. The second frag is more solid on the colors. I found a couple pics online that match it but no names to clarify.

Addicted2Coral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def the same, just different light. The center "speckles"more under high light.

jace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks the same to me as well...It can be age too...as they mature solid colors can start forming into specks. Personally I prefer the 1st pic look.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The first pic looks like speckled kraks. I'm sure there's different morphs but I've never owned kraks. @ChiCity #reefsquad any zoa experts have any ideas?

It looks the same to me as well...It can be age too...as they mature solid colors can start forming into specks. Personally I prefer the 1st pic look.

It’s definitely an age thing, although lighting can play a factor....
But young kraks and mature kraks definitely have some distinguishing features, mainly in young kraks the speckling is irregular and as they mature, the speckling becomes more of a defined ring.
You can see it here on the baby polyp to the upper left, under the mature polyps...

87F1A675-DB55-4BDF-937C-6D27B1E21A91.jpeg

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly polyp maturity and lighting type and intensity all can play a roll in the colors. Imo that first pic is not the same polyp. I'd be very surprised to see that ever morph into the real deal speckled krak.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back