• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ktar's Dynamite Chalice Frag Pack Grow Out

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
doesn't matter, he should be communicating with the group...period! especially if hes such a stand up guy. haven't these guys been through enough. come on

It does matter. He's just helping the group out by not letting them die. He did not agree to anything other than trying to keep them alive. Which is much better than the alternative.

I would think the four or five people speaking up for Ray should tell you something about his character - just because he doesn't get on R2R and give daily updates. If I were Ray - I'd just give them back to the original grower and let him try to save the specs and be done with the whole thing just so I wouldn't have to read posts like yours. The drama involved in group buys is actually what keeps him from posting - and I agree 100% with that right now. Even if the negative comments are coming from people who have ZERO interest in this group buy. It just isn't worth it.

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one involved in this grow out is unappreciative of what Ray has done, But the lack of communication is a problem. As said before, you can't do anything about things dying. I don't believe anyone is aggravated at an individual who is trying to be the grower or rescuer in this case and things don't turn out well. I would hate to be in that situation, hence the reason I will not be a grower. A once a month progress report is nowhere near rediculous to ask for, and we've got less than that.

Jakef150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, talked to jewin thru PM.

He said Some of corals that are in Rays tank are still alive. He have been trying to get a hold of ray. He can go get them and bring them back to his tank. He have had 4 other chalices in his tank and they are doing good. He said Not sure why exactly his tank had the issues before but after rebuilding it all and giving it time it seems to be doing very well again.

Later,
Jake

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, talked to jewin thru PM.

He said Some of corals that are in Rays tank are still alive. He have been trying to get a hold of ray. He can go get them and bring them back to his tank. He have had 4 other chalices in his tank and they are doing good. He said Not sure why exactly his tank had the issues before but after rebuilding it all and giving it time it seems to be doing very well again.

Later,
Jake

I don't see how you guys take this a guy has to contact him over PM to get an update and he can't even post that update in this thread I see that as lack of responsibility. People in other grow out beware with this guys. I been following this thread from day one cause I was gonna in it and I almost bought a spot from someone but this thread has showed me to never do a chalice grow out with no one in here. Jewin you need to be a man and get in contact with the people in this grow out and keep them updated.

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

Just to give you an plan update. I ended up rebuilding my full frag tank and now that it has gotten all settle in and everything seems to be going well again. i have had 5 of my own personal chalices in the tank and watching them to make sure they are doing ok. I feel the frag tank is back to good specs and I am going to bring the chalices back over to my tank again. At that time pictures will be taken again and start to be posted monthly.

I will be gone on some family business this weekend until the middle of next week. I am hoping to have them back in my tank by the following weekend. I wanted to make sure the frag tank was ready before moving them.

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Guys. I wanted to give an update. The frags are now back in my tank and I will get pics posted on Sat. It looks like the Dynamite is the only thing left from the original growout. Since things have happen I am going to take my personal Volcano frag and put it in as a frag for the group.

for the Add on group the inferno is still a live and will post pics of how it is doing also.

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys

here is the update I had promised you. After closer inspection of the skeletons of the chalices what I thought was the Dynamite for this grow out ended up being that flash bomb of the Joes Knows reef grow out. I have added the pic of my volcano chalice in here. So as of right now there is no frags from the original growout still alive. I have also included the inferno in this update

Volcano
IMG_0697a.jpg

Inferno
IMG_0712a.jpg

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is about the same right now. I will let you know that I am going to be going out of town for about 2 1/2 weeks. The corals will say in my tank and Ray will be coming over around every 3 to 4 day to check on things for me. When I get back I will get you more pics.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back