LA Diver Den Delivers Fish....

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by BenitaSolo, Jan 11, 2019.

1. BenitaSolo

BenitaSolo Active Member

LA Divers Den sent me a fish a day early! They didn’t send and notice, no tracking info, nothing. Oh and it’s below 30 and the package sat outside all day...
    I paid the extra fee for Saturday shipping! I really respect DiversDen but am pretty annoyed by this. Water was probably around 50 degrees. I didn’t have my QT set up... that was tonights plan for TTM.
    Owell... we’ll see what happens.

My other two purchases thru them have been all positives

2. James M

James M I like anemones R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Are the fish okay ?

3. BenitaSolo

BenitaSolo Active Member

Obviously it was very very slow in the bag. On its side breathing fast. The warmth brought fight back to it... yellow scopas tang. I did a quick acclimation after it was up to temp and released

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  4. Hot2na

Hot2na Active Member

They've been screwing up alot lately...maybe they know they're next on the chopping block

3Ford1AstonFamily likes this.
  5. BenitaSolo

BenitaSolo Active Member

Yeah I felt really bad when I called LA 1-800 # and took a short, but respectful tone with the guy. Very nice guy.

6. PDR

PDR <°)))>{ R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 SCAA Member Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Divers Den is not what it used to be. They recently shipped me a fish with a large parasitic worm attached to it, something you could not miss while bagging the fish.

3Ford1AstonFamily likes this.
  7. saltyhog

saltyhog blowing bubbles somewhere R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Partner Member 2019

They sent a shipment to me a while back with no warmers with local temps in the 30's. Water temp was 60° on arrival. Then last week I ordered an anemone. The day it was to ship they emailed me they didn't have one to ship. I emailed them back that I couldn't be home to accept shipment for at least a week and they shipped one the next day! Fortunately I called them and they re-routed the shipment back to them.

This never used to happen.

3Ford1AstonFamily and PDR like this.
  8. BenitaSolo

BenitaSolo Active Member

This all stinks. They have a really nice facility and it always seemed very well taken care of...

9. BenitaSolo

BenitaSolo Active Member

That’s bad... I had a fish from DD die in QT of either velvet or very aggressive ich. I don’t blame them. That happens and I had it in a qt with prazi only. No copper. Then one morning, BAM... bad coverage of a parasite. They gave me a full refund for which I am grateful.

10. Brian1f1

Brian1f1 Well-Known Member

Why would they be on the chopping block?

11. 3Ford1AstonFamily

3Ford1AstonFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Expert Contributor Hospitality Award

Drs foster and smith going out of business, big changes at live aquaria recently, etc.

PDR likes this.
  12. saltyhog

saltyhog blowing bubbles somewhere R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Partner Member 2019

Hmmmm, just checked my Paypal account, they charged my Paypal account and haven't refunded it.

Draft saved Draft deleted