La Lakers Zoa lost color after dip

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as the title says. I did a dip on my Laker Zoas because I had a little bit of flatworm in my tank and decided a quick dip in RX coral dip would get rid of them and slot down population. Well now it seems my Zoa only has color on a few heads and the others ones kinda a dull brown.is this something that is normal and color will come back. If not is their something I can do to bring the color back. Thanks for any help.

100B6C33-8862-42B3-9B38-BD3FA8C688E1.jpeg

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. My usual procedure for all corals. 1 pyrex with the coral dip and water. 2nd pyrex with water and third one with water. I do the dip for 3-5 minutes. Then place coral in middle tupperware and rinse it off of any coral dip and then rinse it off in the third one to make sure everything is off. This is the only coral I had this happen to every other one i dipped was fine and i dipped about 7-8 corals so day.

HVRK23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long were they closed up before the dip? My experience says that these were closed for quite some time maybe before the dip? We’re they just sent to you?

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long were they closed up before the dip? My experience says that these were closed for quite some time maybe before the dip? We’re they just sent to you?
I have had them for about 4 months. They all have their color back now it was def one of the weirdest things.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.5%
Back