• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

LA missing damsels, shipping issues

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0I placed a "Black Friday" LA order, total less than $180. My order was split into 2 overnight shipments since I included an ORA clam. I included 2 blue damsels, last night (with no prior notice anything shipped), I got an e-mail saying "Due to species availability we were only able to ship part of your order today. We will make every effort to ship the remainder of your order within two weeks from the day you placed your order."

So while I appreciate their prices and got otherwise healthy livestock:
  1. they are paying for 3 separate next day air packages, with styrofoam boxes and heating pads
  2. they did not tell me when my order was coming - at least not far enough in advance I could have notified work had I not be here for other reasons
  3. they expect me to be here instead of work again, for 2 < $10 fish
  4. they won't tell me when, except they will my an effort to do it sometime in the next 2 weeks
I cannot help to think that with even a minimal amount of communication, they would have saved me a lot of hassle and themselves a lot of money. I would have been happy had they refunded me the cost of the damsels, or shipped any other fish that fit in my tank setup (including almost any pair of damsels).

I don't know if I can order from them again - or if anyone can unless they are unemployed or retired. LFS here are almost all a far away drive, and either double the price, or tanks are in depressing conditions. Other online retailers seem far more expensive.

OP
OP
B

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were shipped for arrival before 10:30am. I am sure they pay less than I do, but overnighting something for morning arrival is much more expensive than 3pm, I can't believe they'd do it with just a pair of damsels.

My issue isn't availability - my boss leaves around 5pm, if I can discuss this before, it is no big deal. But if I get a 7pm e-mail fish are arriving the next day by 10am, either I have to no-show for work or end up with frozen fish. Work is very understanding, but I can't ask to come in late to get a package and say it could be any day in the next 2 weeks or maybe even longer.

Today I lucked out, I had to be out of the office for something else, and since I ordered Friday, there was a good chance it would be today. Actually today after 3pm would have been a disaster, but early morning worked out. I've ordered from LA before and never had this problem before.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is in vendor feedback. Outside comments are not permitted. This is to allow the customer and the vendor @LiveAquaria hopefully come to a resolution. Exceptions are linking to your own feedback thread in regards to the same vendor.

Thanks,

Crabs

OP
OP
B

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not seeking a resolution, other than more advanced notice of shipment. I was mainly looking for other people's experiences, as I have used LA in the past without similar issues.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @BradB. We sincerely apologize for the split shipment of the Damselfish. We understand it is an inconvenience to not know exactly when it will ship. We will reach out to you on how you would like to proceed with the remaining portion of the order. Until we hear back from you, we will hold the Damselfish to not go out.

Thank you,

LiveAquaria

OP
OP
B

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite your promise to hold the Damselfish, they shipped for delivery this morning, but were delayed do "a mechanical failure". Regardless of if you give me a refund, or if I am able to save the fish, you should get a refund from UPS.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @BradB. We very much apologize for the inconvenience. You are correct, the Damsels did ship. After review of the tracking information, we do show a delay. As you were informed this would be held, you will be refunded for the Damsels for this inconvenience. We apologize for the delay and hope the Damsels will arrive healthy.

Thank you,

LiveAquaria

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back