LaCl dosing

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you dosing LaCl into a filter sock, how specifically are you doing this? I hooked up the 5 micron sock on the outlet of my rollermat figuring that feed stream would be relatively prefiltered but the sock is already overflowing after 2 days (and I haven’t even started dosing the LaCl yet). Am I supposed to just dose the LaCl into the sock and have no other throughput and just assume the water diffuses in/out of the sock? Or maybe put a powerhead inside the sock to help the LaCl react/mix?

GGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a line off of my return manifold into the sock, and dripped directly into the stream. This worked out very well for me.

I don’t recommend using Lanthanum for PO4 levels under .3 ppm. The lower you get, the more it drops alkalinity. When I got down to .13 ppm, it only consumed alkalinity.

OP
OP
LobsterOfJustice

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a line off of my return manifold into the sock, and dripped directly into the stream. This worked out very well for me.

I don’t recommend using Lanthanum for PO4 levels under .3 ppm. The lower you get, the more it drops alkalinity. When I got down to .13 ppm, it only consumed alkalinity.
Ahh that’s a good idea, I have an unused port on my manifold so I could easily try this way. Thanks!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back