Lam's 180 build

Got both side, front and back welded.
Since this a little long, i have to put a support in the middle to keep the acrylic straight.
20160107_093627.jpg
20160107_093641.jpg
 
It was over kill. Just want to have piece of mind. I was about to do 2x4, but switch to 4x4 last minute.
2x4 should be enough, but then :)
 
I notice you're using 2x4 for the framing, you should consider adding some vertical support pieces to the back connecting the top frame to the bottom. I know you have the 4x4 legs but the top frame being 2x4 makes me a little nervous. Other than that I like how everything is turning out so far and will be following along.
 
Spent yesterday to move my book cabinet so that i can move the fish tank into that location.
Here is the final location.
20160112_182113.jpg
 
Looks like great bones! :)
 
Thanks ti floyd suggestions, my son and i was able to weld the bottom with very little bubble that i can count with my fingers.
Here is the pics of the seam and the completed tank.
20160114_183159.jpg
20160114_183123.jpg
 
Awesome!
 
All these football slow my build :)
I made the skin for the stand and also prime it last 2 days.
20160117_201100.jpg
 
Yesterday i purchased my 1st equipment. Im currently running panworld ps200 on my 120gal. But i decide to upgrade it to a waveline.
20160117_201227.jpg
 
After 1st coat of finish paint. Will wait for it ti dry and will sand it down. I probably going to apply 3 coat.
20160119_201342.jpg
 
Keep it up!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new