Lam's 180 build

Here a closer look of how the overflow look like.
20160127_182048.jpg
20160127_182043.jpg
 
While waiting for the paint. I decided to look into an algae scrubber.
Here what the box look like.
20160127_185510.jpg
 
I have not update the tread lately.
The was too busy for lunar new year.
Here some update.
Top down view of bean animal
20160212_185924.jpg
 
Couple weeks ago when i started to do my plumbing, i realized to much work to do pvc hard tubing. So i changed my mind i ordered bunch of flex tubing.
Boy, its a lot easier to work with flex pvc. Here is the pics
20160219_092335.jpg
 
Finally i opened up the light box, and try to figure out how to install it. I got an ATI 8 bulb sunpower.
20160222_182830.jpg
 
As of last monday, the tank star ti see some water.
Monday 1/4 full
Tuesday 1/2 full
Thursday 3/4 full
 
Wow i havent updated the the that long. Well i moved everything in two weeks ago. I ended up the the tank cycle for 2 weeks before i moved everything. Sand are new, all rock are either from the old tank or fully cycle ahead of time.
Here are the pics.
20160227_111816.jpg

Tank during the 2 week of cycling.
2016-03-12_21.14.38.jpg

A day later after 10 hours of moving.

2016-03-24_15.47.21.jpg
2016-03-24_15.47.00.jpg
2016-03-24_15.46.29.jpg

After 2 weeks. Seem like everything start to settle in.
All the corals seems to be happy.
My best decision from thia upgrade is choosing the ati 8 bulbs t5. The coral look much better and react much better also. Very happy with my ati sunpower.

2016-03-12_21.14.38.jpg
 
I was just thinking about this thread today. Thanks for the update! Everything is looking amazing as usual. I think you will really like the T5, I used to run led when I first got into the hobby then when I tried T5 I decided I will probably never switch back to led. I hope things keep going well for you and keep the updates coming.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new