Lanthanum Chloride - from powder

  • Thread starter Thread starter LC8Sumi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LC8Sumi

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2017
Messages
604
Reaction score
504
Location
Europe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve bought 100g LaCl3 heptahydrate and was wondering if anyone knows how much PO4 will 1g of LaCl3 pull? Is it 1:1?
 
Well, if I assume you bought anhydrous LaCl3, then one gram of anhydrous LaCl3 should remove about 0.39g of phosphate from the water as lanthanum phosphate (if I did my math correctly). Hydrated forms of lanthanum chloride (there are at least two) will remove less phosphate per gram of hydrated lanthanum chloride.

Hope this helps.
 
Well, if I assume you bought anhydrous LaCl3, then one gram of anhydrous LaCl3 should remove about 0.39g of phosphate from the water as lanthanum phosphate (if I did my math correctly). Hydrated forms of lanthanum chloride (there are at least two) will remove less phosphate per gram of hydrated lanthanum chloride.

Hope this helps.
Thanks! It is Lanthanum(III)-Chloride-(7)Heptahydrate, so not anhydrous.
 
In that case, each gram of the lanthanum chloride heptahydrate will remove about 0.25g phosphate ion in the form of lanthanum phoshpate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new